• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Downton gone

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not got a link yet, just got a notification through

KP's path finding itself a tad clearer

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
director of cricket.png

Oh for f***'s sake. So basically, we've a sacked a guy, and he will immediately be replaced by another greedy self-interested bureaucrat. Terrrrrrrrrrific.

EDIT: It says 'A Statement from ECB reads "A newly created role of 'director of English cricket', with a clear focus on delivering a world class performance environment for all formats will replace it

Attachments

Last edited:

Ashtomar

Cricket Spectator
I was so happy when I heard the news I even cracked the beers open, on a school night as well :drunk:

He had to go, his position was untenable and IMO he appeared out of his depth right from the beginning. Let's hope it's the first of many and that Whitaker is gone by the end of today. We need a complete overhaul of the set up as to quote the Wisden Almanack they have totally lost touch this last year.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Paul Downton arrived in Sydney on December 31, and it was clear from his utterances that here was a monumental ****up who was disconnected from reality and common sense.

nottsinexile

Cricket Spectator
Great News. The root and branch clear out within the ECB has started under Colin Graves who will sort out "The Home Counties Mafia" and underperformers.
Whitaker to go next.
Next in Vaughan as Performance Director to sort out the team and squad management. Under the "Yorkshire Mafia" no more ***** footing behind close doors in silly ties and blazers.
A spade will be called a spade and used to bury those who do not perform including that "Wallflower South African" who will be returned short term to dig his own grave so that we finally all move on from the media circus and concentrate on adapting our great game to the modern world.
Bring on the Revolution. Onwards and Upwards!