• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hoping someone can help - 1982 Springboks Squad

JasonP

Cricket Spectator
Hi.

This is my first post here and, looking at the other posts I'm pretty sure I came to the right spot. I've recently come across a cricket bat in my parents home that I won in a raffle back in the early 80's (which I always knew was there but which I had kindof forgotten). It's a Clive Rice bat and is personally signed by the Springbok (South Africa) and the West Indies teams.

Cross-checking the West Indies signatures against this website South African rebel tours - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I have concluded that the bat was signed by the 1982 Windies side - I have a spreadsheet and have checked off the names (I have 16 confirmed signatures, one unconfirmed signature and then Everton Mattis who's signature I don't think is there).

I would like to do the same on the South African side but cannot for the life of me find a squad list for the 1982 side.

If anyone has, or knows where to find the 1982 Springbok Cricket squad list I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks Guys
Jason

JasonP

Cricket Spectator
Thanks a heap Fuller... That worked! I have found all names on my bat except for one.

Now to find someone who can clean the bat without destroying the signatures :-).

Cheers
J

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
No worries mate. Good luck with getting it cleaned. Should I PM you my bank account details you decide to sell it? :D

JasonP

Cricket Spectator
Ha! Yeah, the problem is that I have been looking around Ebay and it's probably worth a total of a few hundred bucks at best. No retirement plan for either of us with that one :D. I might have to let the kids start using it at matches as it's more expensive to buy a new bat... Oh well, at least it has a story behind it.