Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: How do the overseas players get by during the IPL?

that wouldn't even count as a first world problem
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yes after parties, travelling and sightseeing, training and learning with and from a new bunch of people, living in top hotels and eating good food must be terribly boring. Poor them.
    But the players can't really get out of their hotels because the IPL is held before the monsoon has had a chance to wash the streets clean of you-know-what
    NZTailender likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    After a while staying in even the best hotels gets very tideous..
    I wish only to have this horrible torture inflicted upon me.
    zorax, Howe_zat, Flem274* and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    It is a good question. They get bored really. The security during the IPL is crazy. They don't let the players interact with fans at all. The players just eat food, travel to the next game and spend some good family time as they bring their spouses and even children along a lot of the times.
    I don't think cricketers want 'to interact with fans'. In most countries apart from those in the subcontinent, life is quite normal for cricketers and they get to walk around malls without really being mobbed. I'm sure they actually look forward to the cauldron of Indian cricket, where almost every guy on the road will know who you are. There are billboards with huge posters of overseas cricketers, something they don't even get in their own country. And as for it being a really busy time with nothing else to do - they play 14 games in six weeks - what do you expect? The benefits for overseas cricketers in terms of the tangible ($) and intangible (experience) are immense.

i thought i saw chris martin at the shopping mall last year but thought it couldn't be him because he lives in auckland, then a few days later heef linked me to an article which said he'd opened a shop in my town.

i don't think he could go to a shopping mall in india without saying hello to more than a few cricket tragics.

this post isn't really addressing a point or anything i just wanted to write it.
    when the truth walks away, everybody stays because the truth about the world is that crime does pay #freeshri
    proudly supporting central districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

i think he was buying an ironing board off the top of my head.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    What a thread. Tis indeed a pertinent debate.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i think he was buying an ironing board off the top of my head.
    Yes thanks for that detail. Makes the story complete.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    I saw Ramiz Raja in a shopping mall once. I waved at him and he waved back. For the biggest players like a Ponting or a Kohli, it would be impossible. However, for some one like Azhar Ali, it wouldn't be impossible I think. I saw Dravid at an airport once in Indore. He was calm and had a few photos clicked. Then sat in the lounge doing his thing. People didn't start mobbing him which was good to see.

Gary Kirsten was speaking in a pre world cup programme I recently attended where he talked on how while he couldn't go out much, his wife used to have a blast venturing out in the various places he visited in India.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I saw Dravid at the airport in Chennai back in around 2004 I think and he was completely surrounded by fans, mostly female coz let's face it, he's sexy as all hell... and the poor guy couldn't get out of the crowd for ages. Signed tons of autographs, took plenty of photos and I even got to ask him whether he's late for his flight because of us. He just replied "I usually set aside a 30 minute slot as buffer for you guys" and gave me a goofy grin
    zorax and hendrix like this.

What I really liked about Dravid was that he went to the ticket counter to get a print out of the ticket (those days you couldn't do with showing your cell phone with the ticket mail). He was extremely normal all through. Didn't try to demand any privileges and behaved very normally.

I saw Virat Kohli at a grocery store in Mumbai last year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Pepsis in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the cans and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each can and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
    zorax likes this.

I have heard from several people about Kohli being rude. This one takes the cake though.
    hendrix likes this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I hope no overseas player ever goes to play in the IPL without reading Pasag's guide to what one might find happening on a typical Indian street.
    Pratters and NZTailender like this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by longranger View Post
    What a load of xenophobic rubbish. I don't see any thing remotely funny, if that was the intention. It it's trolling, you clearly have a lot of free time on your hands. Now what you really should be doing is buying a noose..
    Hahaha, this is a horrible thing to say.
    longranger likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information