• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Antihippy

International Debutant
Wait, vaughn and warne are part of the commentary team?

Mostly watching to see how the australians perform.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Narine didn't look as effective but his action is clean. Not as much pace or revs without bending his elbow.
I think he is trying to keep his elbow too straight, and looked quite under confident, I guess the ICC needs to be transparent about why there are so many actions being reported these days. Also, the so-called "new testing methods" should be made public.

Spin bowlers like Narine need to exploit the 15 degree rule, they should find a way to be effective by staying under the limits rather than just keep their arm too straight.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Narine didn't look as effective but his action is clean. Not as much pace or revs without bending his elbow.
He was bowling a lot of deliveries at 100ks, pace was there, he even bowled the knuckle ball pretty well, its the off break that he'll need to work on, some of them didn't turn as much as he used to.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Nah, I think narine will be fine. You always have to take some time to get used to a new action but he seems to be able to land his stuff correctly most of the time. His carrom ball seems to have a tendency to fall short but when he lands it it seems to give batsmen as much trouble as before.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how the camera just lingered on the CEAT TYRES strategic time out for a good minute with no commentary. This competition becomes more of a sick corporate joke every year.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Politics involving sri lanka's civil war and the government's conflicts against tamils I think?

Even though Mathews is a Tamil.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
morkel selected is a bit LOL in 2015, but this Delhi side should do much better this time with a bowling line up of Tahir, Mishra, Coulter and the likes of Duminy and Matthews also able to contribute.

That Jadeja innings was poor, his batting really has regressed recently.