• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Surely if McLenenenen can work out how to be decent at T20 Johnson can too. Reeks of a lack of thought in his bowling.

Howsie

International Captain
Surely if McLenenenen can work out how to be decent at T20 Johnson can too. Reeks of a lack of thought in his bowling.
Must say it's rather amusing that apart from McCullum he's the only other New Zealander that seems to command a regular place in his team. The IPL for you huh.

janetfdoss

Cricket Spectator
What is so odd in this to being an American and not to like Cricket Harsh? I could not understand your logic behind this? Can't we watch the cricket or we don't live in this world as you are?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What is so odd in this to being an American and not to like Cricket Harsh? I could not understand your logic behind this? Can't we watch the cricket or we don't live in this world as you are?
Welcome to CW.

One comment, although it is informative to know your address, I would put something more generic in the location field like USA. Feel free to ignore that advice if you choose to. I don't mean any harm by it. :)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Narine back again. 4-19. Would love to know how/what he bowled and if people think he was legal.

what the **** is up with the sunrisers obsession with Henriques and Bopara?

probably a bit harsh on bopara, he's a valuable player in this format.
wut. Henriques >> Bopara.

Must say it's rather amusing that apart from McCullum he's the only other New Zealander that seems to command a regular place in his team. The IPL for you huh.
Trent Boult could. Other than that I simply don't think there are any New Zealanders that are good enough. KW is close, but not quite.

Howsie

International Captain
Trent Boult could. Other than that I simply don't think there are any New Zealanders that are good enough. KW is close, but not quite.
Don't be silly.

If you're playing a game of school yard pickem with the New Zealand team McClenaghan isn't coming off the board until that 15-20 range. Which brings me to my point, he's getting consistant game time but the likes of Southee, Boult, Henry, Willimason etc aren't.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't be silly.

If you're playing a game of school yard pickem with the New Zealand team McClenaghan isn't coming off the board until that 15-20 range. Which brings me to my point, he's getting consistant game time but the likes of Southee, Boult, Henry, Willimason etc aren't.
Fair enough. But I still don't think those other guys should be automatic picks for their side.

Niall

International Coach
Fair enough. But I still don't think those other guys should be automatic picks for their side.
Agreed. The 4 foreigner rule hurts a lot of them.

Henry is good and definitely better than the Chennai Indian bowlers, but to pick him, one of Bmac, Smith, Bravo and Faf must miss out and have to be replaced by an Indian batsmen and unfortunately for Henry, the reserves aren't great. To be fair, Badree has been at Chennai and hardly ever played and Kyle Abbot is also rotting away, so its not just Henry suffering.

Southee has been hit and miss for Rajasthan over the years, and he suffers from the fact that Smith and Watson have to take up 2 of the 4 spots and they like Faulkner for his "all round" skills. Southee and Morris have had the same level of performance in this competition and Morris has done really well for Chennai in the past. Not much between them when it comes to this competition.

Boult and Williamson are hard done by, like Henry they suffer due to the Foreigner rule and they are in a team which don't trust their Indian players in both bowling and batting (and for good reason) thus Ravi and Henriques in the side. I'd probably squeeze in one Kiwi but definitely not both.

Mitch is lucky that he is playing for Mumbai and they lack quality Indian bowling and quality overseas batsmen thus easier for him to be selected.

I'd be more annoyed by Guptil never getting a gig, weak against spin you say?

Not as if some of the third rate Aussies that have made fortunes over the years for doing **** all would have much of a clue against Narine etc.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Welcome to CW.

One comment, although it is informative to know your address, I would put something more generic in the location field like USA. Feel free to ignore that advice if you choose to. I don't mean any harm by it. :)
You should google the address and see how forums spambot janet has signed up for.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You should google the address and see how forums spambot janet has signed up for.
Spent childhood exporting cellos in West Palm Beach, FL. In 2009 I was analyzing trumpets in Libya. Earned praised for my work marketing toy soldiers in Minneapolis, MN. Spent college summers marketing electric trains on the black market. Have a strong interest in licensing foreign currency in Suffolk, NY. Spent the better part of the 90's lecturing about frisbees in Mexico.
Maybe Janet is a real person who likes taking the Michael on message boards. She got banned for this effort after one post. It was in an introduce yourself thread.

Flem274*

123/5
Agreed. The 4 foreigner rule hurts a lot of them.

Henry is good and definitely better than the Chennai Indian bowlers, but to pick him, one of Bmac, Smith, Bravo and Faf must miss out and have to be replaced by an Indian batsmen and unfortunately for Henry, the reserves aren't great. To be fair, Badree has been at Chennai and hardly ever played and Kyle Abbot is also rotting away, so its not just Henry suffering.

Southee has been hit and miss for Rajasthan over the years, and he suffers from the fact that Smith and Watson have to take up 2 of the 4 spots and they like Faulkner for his "all round" skills. Southee and Morris have had the same level of performance in this competition and Morris has done really well for Chennai in the past. Not much between them when it comes to this competition.

Boult and Williamson are hard done by, like Henry they suffer due to the Foreigner rule and they are in a team which don't trust their Indian players in both bowling and batting (and for good reason) thus Ravi and Henriques in the side. I'd probably squeeze in one Kiwi but definitely not both.

Mitch is lucky that he is playing for Mumbai and they lack quality Indian bowling and quality overseas batsmen thus easier for him to be selected.

I'd be more annoyed by Guptil never getting a gig, weak against spin you say?

Not as if some of the third rate Aussies that have made fortunes over the years for doing **** all would have much of a clue against Narine etc.
wait someone other than india picks ravi bopara non-ironically?