• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

karan316

State Vice-Captain
opening ceremonies for such sporting events dont make sense.Wasteful expenditure.
I would rather prefer to see a charity match instead of a useless opening ceremony. I don't think its that entertaining nor does it have any link with cricket. The organizers need to show a bit of creativity, maybe a 20 over charity match of recently retired players can be fun to watch.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Gambhir is such a pro-active captain, I wish he was still in the test side, he was the perfect replacement for MSD.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Please tell me you're joking.
I m not, I can't imagine our test side led by someone like a Kohli or Rohit Sharma in future. Both of them are so immature, I don't think our future in test cricket looks bright. We need a really good captain who can guide the youngsters and make the most of our available bowling resources. I know Gambhir didn't look great in his last test series, but it would be great even if he bats a bit lower in the batting order and leads the side.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Gambhir in the Test team is something only an English poster would seriously advocate.

Or Australian.

Or literally anyone other than a serious Indian supporter.

(i mean it would be amusing at the very least)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Suryakumar Yadav is going to be a star in the future. At least in limited overs games.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Gambhir in the Test team is something only an English poster would seriously advocate.

Or Australian.

Or literally anyone other than a serious Indian supporter.

(i mean it would be amusing at the very least)
I guess you are judging him by his poor performance in his comeback series. And tbh, he is not the same player he used to be. But I don't see anyone who can captain this Indian team at the moment.

Kohli was horrible to say the least, getting into arguments and selecting bowlers on the basis of their speed is not aggressive captaincy. We need someone who can be tactically aggressive and street smart like Gambhir.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
A touch player who can hit sixes regularly. Awesome to watch.
Who can't hit sixes on those Indians grounds. Most of those grounds are on the smallish side and the rope is also brought in.

But anyway, do any non-Indians here watch the IPL?

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Narine didn't look as effective but his action is clean. Not as much pace or revs without bending his elbow.

Niall

International Coach
But anyway, do any non-Indians here watch the IPL?

Yeah I will.

It goes on to long, its got Danny Morrison, the gruesome twosome in the studio (Vaughan and Warne) , but it's good fun to pass an afternoon, you get some rubbish but you also get plenty of world class players on display.

Kolkata look very strong as expected, Shakib will be a mega loss though. Botha seems the logical replacement, can bat and always a good limited over spinner.

Mumbai need to get Hazlewood into the side, and just because he cost money, Finch has to perform soon with Simmons who finished the season like a gun waiting to come in..