• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wonder how much of it is about the tussle going on between Srinivasan and Dalmiya.

Chucking is having this aspect which I don't like - any umpire can report you and there will be a huge cloud hanging around you. Must be some thing like approval of all three umpires or at least two on field umpires to make it a better policy.

Any hoo, it's good cricket is having a bit of a firmness against chucking.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
IMO requiring just one umpire to make the call is fair game if you insist on bowling in long sleeves.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Narine still chucking despite losing his effectiveness lol

Without WW this is less funny though.

Daemon

this cricketgateway streaming site they've set up for the IPL is really brilliant.

You can watch instant replays of any ball on the match, all of a batsmen's innings, all of a bowler's wickets, all the twos a batsmen hit etc etc all while the match is still going on. So good. If it was a service set up for all international matches I'd be happy paying good money for a subscription.
They're making it a paid subscription from tomorrow onward. How dire. Don't really feel like paying $20 for the IPL but I probably will since Dad uses it as well.

Anyways if anyone is signing up, use my referral code please :p

CG-WRW5650M

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Pretty sure Narine will come out clean, the ICC is complicating things here tbh. Its idiotic that people are supporting what ICC is doing, how can it be that the bowlers who were having a clean action a couple of years back are having illegal actions now. Is there some rule change? Is their some change in the method in which the actions are being tested, things have to be made transparent.

If there has been any change, then what about the bowlers who have completed their career before these changes were made?

TheJediBrah

Pretty sure Narine will come out clean, the ICC is complicating things here tbh. Its idiotic that people are supporting what ICC is doing, how can it be that the bowlers who were having a clean action a couple of years back are having illegal actions now. Is there some rule change? Is their some change in the method in which the actions are being tested, things have to be made transparent.

If there has been any change, then what about the bowlers who have completed their career before these changes were made?
You're so far off the mark it's ridiculous. What would be idiotic would be for everyone to keep their heads in the sand and pretend all these chuckers are bowling legally and allowing a joke that has been going for far too long to go on any longer. Many people, myself included, had repeatedly expressed annoyance and disbelief that these "bowlers" had not been monitored more closely and often been ridiculed for it. Now everyone knows better don't they?

And it's still not perfect, as this is a perfect example. You can and go ahead and say that "this bowler is clean now" and let him go back and bowl again, but there is absolutely no guarantee that the bowler won't go back to his old illegal action, whether deliberately or not. It's a tough situation because the only real ideal solution would be monitoring the bowling during the match and finding which exact deliveries were illegal, because it's generally not all of them. But I can't see how that would be feasible. So we're making do with the best we can do.

Daemon

Yeah I think it's great that he's been called up a second time, and not just because I hate chuckers and Narine or anything, but because it means that they know there's a flaw in the process and they're willing to address it the best they can at the moment.

OverratedSanity

Bopara gets picked ahead of WIlliamson but doesn't bowl. Someone explain that to me. Sunrisers is run by a team of morons.

GGG

State Captain
Yeah they are, Henriques gets one game scored a 7 off 5 not out, bowls one over and is dropped.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mumbai having Ponting and Jonty as coaches is so good. No one wonder they fielded well today lol

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chennai shouldn't get any IPL games if Sri Lankans aren't allowed to play. Said it in 2013 and its the same now.

Absolute disgrace.

OverratedSanity

Chennai shouldn't get any IPL games if Sri Lankans aren't allowed to play. Said it in 2013 and its the same now.

Absolute disgrace.
Honestly that's so, so ****ed up. I'm surprised at the relative lack of coverage surrounding the issue.