• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Bangladesh 2015

Shady Slim

International Coach
regardless of the pitch status if bangladesh were **** then bangladesh would still be **** so it's good to see them going toe to toe and blow for blow with pakistan and not rolling over after a daunting target

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's still 110 overs left in the game. After a while these two will be like **** yeah job's done and get themselves out, sparking a collapse.

Shady Slim

International Coach
ffs no i don't mind seeing the 'Desh do well, i have a new fondness for them after they gloriously had england bow from the world cup, hang in there tigers

though from a neutral perspective misbah is pretty much a legend of modern cricket all circumstances considered and i have a lot of respect for him

OverratedSanity

There's still 110 overs left in the game. After a while these two will be like **** yeah job's done and get themselves out, sparking a collapse.
Yeah but the rate at which they;ve scored has made things a hell of a lot easier for Bangers. Once they erase the deficit and their lead starts growing, time will run out doubly quickly for Pakistan. They've put themselves in a position where even if they're bowled out tomorrow they might still save the match if their lead is substantial enough.

Aritro

International Regular
All this just makes me rue the first day when they were blocking deliveries that should have gone for four and exercising dreadful placement and running between the wickets and generally failing to fill their boots on this autobahn of a pitch.

Still, it'll be good for the lads' confidence going into the Mirpur test.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Cmon Deshis. Draw this, then NZ (just) needs to beat England 2-0 for us to leapfrog both England and Pakistan to go to number 3 in the test rankings.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woah! Didn't see this coming. Heroic effort. Scenario: 270 runs from 50 overs tomorrow. Pakistan 8 down after 35 overs. Would be a nice way to salvage this game.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Bangladesh for fighting their way out of a tough situation, but it's tough not to be negative about the state of the pitch. If we're being honest, these kinds of surfaces make for dreadful mismatches between bat and ball and they've become horrendously common in Bangladesh in the past few years.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Bangladesh play spin pretty well, plus the pitches there are mostly very flat, it'll be a bit difficult to judge his performance.
I had said this before the start of the series, thank god Ajmal is not playing this test match, otherwise it would have dented his confidence completely. Pitches in Bangladesh are so poor, I guess they don't have confidence on their players to deliver on good pitches when it comes to test cricket.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
bit of a surprise the way the pitch is holding up. In last two matches here, pitch started to assist bowlers somewhat from day 4 onwards.

scores:

bd 2nd innings vs w.i. : 287 all out
bd 2nd innings vs zim : 248/9 dec.
zim 2nd innings vs bd : 151 all out

OverratedSanity

I know Bangladesh haven't played too many Tests overall, but I'm a little surprised to see only 1 opening partnership above 200 against them, although it is the highest.
Yeah I was surprised too.

Sehwag could've demolished the record against them if he gave a **** tbh.