• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the biggest hitters in the game?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

judging from his t-shirt i'd say he must be taking some pretty big hits

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
David Miller and Aaron Finch can be added to the list. I have seen Miller hit huge sixes in England. But out of all of them though, I think Gayle makes six hitting the easiest. In most of his innings above 50 he is going to have lot more sixes than fours.

Kallis though not very aggressive, particularly in the first half of his career, is actually a big hitter. He hit a mammoth six at Edgbaston in the 1999 World Cup in one of the group matches, and also here and there in ODIs and T20s in the last few years of his career.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Mitchell Johnson.

When he's having an on day with the bat he'll just casually hit cover drives into the crowd.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Johnson hits it so sweetly when he's in the mood. Not sixes most of the time but the fours he drills through the offside are just insane.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gilchrist
Chris Cairns
Flintoff
Simon O'Donnell
Viv
KP

They're the guys I think of when I think big hitters

Mark Waugh worth a mention. Could hit real long when the opportunity afforded itself. Not his usual game, but from time to time he hit very big. Guess it's all to do with that sweet timing.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Kallis though not very aggressive, particularly in the first half of his career, is actually a big hitter. He hit a mammoth six at Edgbaston in the 1999 World Cup in one of the group matches, and also here and there in ODIs and T20s in the last few years of his career.
Reckon he was hitting the spinner for a six almost every test late in his career. It's a shame T20 cricket didn't hit off early in his career. Would have massively improved his reputation as a player.