• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are the Aussies getting back to the attitude era?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Saying Dhoni should have come before Yuvi in the T20 final is rubbish, Yuvraj came in during the 11th over ffs. He just played a ridiculously bad innings at the worst possible time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha this thread is hilarious. A team wins a few matches on their home patch and all of a sudden they're being talked about as being ATGs. Dire.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saying Dhoni should have come before Yuvi in the T20 final is rubbish, Yuvraj came in during the 11th over ffs. He just played a ridiculously bad innings at the worst possible time.
No, it was ****ing stupid. Yuvraj was in **** form and when he came in, I remember almost everyone here in the chat thread groaning. It had to be Dhoni who came in, but because Yuvraj got few a few pies and scored runs against Australia in the previous game, Dhoni thought he was back in form. Was dumb as ****.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
No, it was ****ing stupid. Yuvraj was in **** form and when he came in, I remember almost everyone here in the chat thread groaning. It had to be Dhoni who came in, but because Yuvraj got few a few pies and scored runs against Australia in the previous game, Dhoni thought he was back in form. Was dumb as ****.
Nope, you can't play Yuvraj and then bat him down at 7, if that's the case you don't play him at all. I can understand if we were talking about the 16th or 17th over onwards but in the 11th over there was nothing wrong with sending in Yuvraj, everyone else commenting is simply doing so thinking with the help of hindsight.

OverratedSanity

Nope, you can't play Yuvraj and then bat him down at 7, if that's the case you don't play him at all. I can understand if we were talking about the 16th or 17th over onwards but in the 11th over there was nothing wrong with sending in Yuvraj, everyone else commenting is simply doing so thinking with the help of hindsight.
Say what you want about the logic of him coming above Dhoni but it's not hindsight. I can dig up that thread and show how annoyed all of us were when Yuvraj came in. We dreaded the worst and he delivered.

OverratedSanity

Going through that thread, and it's a great read. :laugh:

Our supreme leader Daemon before the match even began:

Daemon said:
SL's only hope is to get Yuvraj to bat for a decent period of time and bog him down.
And Shri:
Shri said:
Dhoni needs to bat at 4. Yuvraj should be at 6. Sucks against good spinners and should just come in at the end after Raina really.
When Yuvi came in :

OverratedSanity said:
Yuvraj? noooooooooooooooo
Shri said:
Oh **** off Yuvi.
ankitj said:
So again classic Dhonism. With less than 10 overs to go he is still saving himself and Raina. Yuvraj is in **** form ffs.
Shri said:
Yuvraj is just going to waste balls unless his orders to go big from ball one. This is stupid
During his classic innings:

Jono said:
**** OFF YUVRAJ YOU ****HEAD

Dickhead
OverratedSanity said:
Yuvraj is struggling? Omgwtfbbq No one saw that coming.

**** off dhoni
ankitj said:
**** you Dhoni. It's your fault. I don't love you anymore
Shri said:
JUST ****ING DIE YUVI YOU USELESS PIECE OF DOG ****!
Jono said:
So that Yuvraj innings vs. Australia was supposed to fix this yeah? Well it didn't.
Dan said:
Raina's standing there all like "**** this **** Yuvraj you piece of crap"
So there you go. Hindsight? **** that, we called it.

Last edited:

Daemon

Nah England in 2010 were miles ahead of everyone at T20 cricket.
nah, they weren't miles ahead. i looked it up when i made that post and iirc they lost one, scraped home in one and rain saved them a loss against ireland. they played alright and dominated the semis and finals.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
nah, they weren't miles ahead. i looked it up when i made that post and iirc they lost one, scraped home in one and rain saved them a loss against ireland. they played alright and dominated the semis and finals.
There was absolutely nothing to hint Ireland would have won that game, or were even favorites to win that game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah strategically England were miles ahead. The loss to the Windies was a D/L farce and England's tactic of 'smash **** out of the powerplay overs' a) wasn't copied successfully by anyone else and b) was what allowed them to dominate.

IIRC this was the tournament where England pioneered bowling slower ball bouncers in the death overs as well. They were miles ahead of everyone else when it came to T20 cricket, however briefly.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
To get back on topic, if a T20 world cup win is the only thing that stays missing for the next decade or so for Australia, I think they will gladly take it over test series wins in India and England.

Although I think people sometimes forget they did accomplish both in the modern era. Still, winning in those 2 countries consistently is far more important to Australian cricket's agenda now.

Spark

Global Moderator
To get back on topic, if a T20 world cup win is the only thing that stays missing for the next decade or so for Australia, I think they will gladly take it over test series wins in India and England.

Although I think people sometimes forget they did accomplish both in the modern era. Still, winning in those 2 countries consistently is far more important to Australian cricket's agenda now.
i think you meant this the other way around