• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Starc deliver in tests?

Gob

International Coach
been bowling like a god with the white ball but would he be able to finally perform like this with the red ball?likes of wasim,mcgrath,hadlee,steyn and several other great bowlers spend few years of mediocrity in the early parts of their respective careers before setting the world on fire but there has also been the likes of brett lee who couldn't quite reach that level with the red ball despite being phenomenal with the white ball.so where would starc go from here?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Brett Lee wasn't as good in Tests because extreme pace can just be left alone until the bowler's exhausted. Starc, on the other hand, always seems to be languidly bowling within himself and has all the rhythm and swing. I reckon he'll be horrendously good.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
Well the fact that Harris is missing for the WI tour means he's more than likely going to take the new ball with Johnson and I just can't see him missing out this time. He'll be full of confidence and not really playing for his spot like usual. I can definitely foresee some destruction against a pretty fragile WI side.

Gob

International Coach
Brett Lee wasn't as good in Tests because extreme pace can just be left alone until the bowler's exhausted. Starc, on the other hand, always seems to be languidly bowling within himself and has all the rhythm and swing. I reckon he'll be horrendously good.
brett lee had a pretty good out swinger particularly after the remodeled action.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
needs to be able to find a consistent stock ball on a good length that makes the most of his height, when conditions suit he will always be capable of a destructive spell in any form and he's already shown that. however it's when conditions don't suit, his somewhat low trajectory and full length usually end up in a lot of half volleys e.g when amla went to town on him at perth a few years back

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He kinda reminds me of another left arm pace bowler that Australia used to wheell out almost exclusively in ODIs. He wass espially good in the 2007 WC. Nathan Bracken IIRC.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
He kinda reminds me of another left arm pace bowler that Australia used to wheell out almost exclusively in ODIs. He wass espially good in the 2007 WC
Bracken? was consistently 25 kmph slower then Starc also did not have the killer swing that Starc gets looking back i just don't know how bracken achieved so much success there is a limit to success you can achieve just on the back of variations and accuracy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Makes it a not-terrible Ashes prep in a way, despite the vastly different pitches and type of opposition.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Bracken? was consistently 25 kmph slower then Starc also did not have the killer swing that Starc gets looking back i just don't know how bracken achieved so much success there is a limit to success you can achieve just on the back of variations and accuracy.
That's the guy. Clearly Starc is on a higher trajectory though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Won't the english decks be dry and slow decks too due to the drainage system?
Yeah it seems likely, but a lot of the decks in the West Indies really turn these days; two spinners is a genuine option. England will be much more of a swing game.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the first ball of the match that he bowled to guptill should be his stock line and length imo. if he sticks to that his pitched up deliveries that come back into the right hander should get him plenty of wickets.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has it in him to be the best leftie OZ has ever seen. Not that there's much compeition but still....

Tall, super-quick, swings it miles and doesn't get injured too much. All the ingredients are there.

Last edited: