• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Moving on now from the World Cup I think its important to keep the winning mentality and try to take it to England where conditions will suit our team down to the ground.

Vettori has retired from all forms. Mills and McCullum have question marks as well.

As I live in WA Im not right up there with all performers in NZ. Do we persevere with Hamish Rutherford opening in tests or slot Guptil back in to add to his 30 odd test matches.
Who do we replace Vettori with ? Nathan McCullum will be there for the ODIs but who else to take for the tests ? Todd Astle ? Ish Sodhi , Craig ?
What about an opening batsman to replace Macca if he retires before England ODI series ? Im a fan of Colin Munro. Been going big recently and I thunk he needs another chance. Can be converted to opener with a strike rate of 98.

My ODI side

Martin Guptil
Brendon McCullum/Colin Munro ?
Kane Williamson
Ross Taylor
Grant Elliot
Cory Anderson
Luke Ronchi
Nathan McCullum
Tim Southee
Trent Boult
Adam Milne

12 Man - Mitch McClenaghen

Test Side - Macca will be in depends if he opens or bats at 5/6

Tom Latham
Hamish Rutherford/Brendon McCullum
Kane Williamson
Ross Taylor
Corey Anderson
Jimmy Neesham/Brendon McCullum
BJ Watling
Tim Southee
Ish Sodhi
Trent Boult
Doug Bracewell

12th Man - Niel Wagner

Feel free to mention other players to be considered for the England tour,

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hamish Rutherford cannot seriously still be in this team. Guptill surely must come in now. I don't necessarily expect him to succeed, but it's a pretty low bar to exceed Spudderford.

I'm heading to the Lord's Test. May the good times continue to roll!

GGG

State Captain
Yeah Guptil deserves another chance and Craig is the first pick spinner at the moment. Just noticed he didn't play the last first class game and didn't bowl in the second innings of his last game so I take it he is injured?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Test Squad

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum (c)
Anderson
Watling (+)
Craig
Southee
Henry
Boult

Neesham
Brownlie
Wagner
A Bracewell

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Would rather see Brownlie open or evev Raval at a stretch as unpopular as he is on here. At least he's got runs on his side over the years.

Would also like to see a young batsman be blooded in the ODIs, maybe Young or Michael Bracewell.

Flem274*

123/5
Latham
Brownlie/Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum*
Neesham/Anderson
Watling (wk)
Craig
Bracewell/Henry
Southee
Boult

Bracewell/Henry
Wagner
Sodhi
Neesham/Anderson
Brownlie/Guptill
Ronchi

I think we should take 17. Reserve quicks, reserve spinner, reserve allrounder, reserve batsman and reserve keeper all covered.

Brownlie v Guptill and Dougeh v Henry v Wagner in the tour matches. Neesham (fitness pending) v Anderson too. Neesham has had two poor series in a row but has been unfairly given the downhill skier tag on here, and it's not like Corey didn't throw away starts or have a more competent technique during his time in the test team.

Bracewell and Neesham both deserve the chance to retain their test places.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Latham
Brownlie/Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum*
Neesham/Anderson
Watling (wk)
Craig
Bracewell/Henry
Southee
Boult

Bracewell/Henry
Wagner
Sodhi
Neesham/Anderson
Brownlie/Guptill
Ronchi

I think we should take 17. Reserve quicks, reserve spinner, reserve allrounder, reserve batsman and reserve keeper all covered.

Brownlie v Guptill and Dougeh v Henry v Wagner in the tour matches. Neesham (fitness pending) v Anderson too. Neesham has had two poor series in a row but has been unfairly given the downhill skier tag on here, and it's not like Corey didn't throw away starts or have a more competent technique during his time in the test team.

Bracewell and Neesham both deserve the chance to retain their test places.
Neesham has a very good average of 43 for tests as a batsman.He is competing directly with Cory Anderson for the all rounder spot if Guptill opens and Macca bats at 5. I would go with Corey at this stage. Southee and Boult definitely and either Henry , Wagnrr or Bracewell.Spinner is Craig people think ?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Brownlie goes back and does exactly what was needed - scored great runs opening in FC - and Guptill's amazing finish to the WC has magically propelled him back. TBH I'm not complaining, just crickets a funny old game. 6 months ago you'd rather Tim Southee opening than Guppers. Now, it'd be not terrible.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Colin Munro deserves to be selected again.Averging 56 striking at 106. Hes hit 46 sixes ! Head and shoulders over nearist rival Stephan Murdoch

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Hamish Rutherford cannot seriously still be in this team. Guptill surely must come in now. I don't necessarily expect him to succeed, but it's a pretty low bar to exceed Spudderford.
The way I see it is, there's no way a guy with an ODI average of almost 40, when afforded the luxury of leaving or blocking as many good balls as he likes, couldn't average more than Rutherford's 27. There's simply no way this makes any sense.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Rutherford 16 tests at 26.Guptil 31 tests at 29. Neither have made the position their own like Tom Latham 9 tests at 40. Toss up really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It'd be madness if Brownlie wasn't opening in the first Test (unless they picked Papps, which they won't :p). I'd be happy enough for Guptill to be in the squad as backup (certainly a better option than Rutherford at this point) but Brownlie should definitely be ahead of him.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
It'd be madness if Brownlie wasn't opening in the first Test (unless they picked Papps, which they won't :p). I'd be happy enough for Guptill to be in the squad as backup (certainly a better option than Rutherford at this point) but Brownlie should definitely be ahead of him.
Brownlies the same at tests though.10 tests at 29.
Colin Monro is averging 56 in first class hitying 43 sixes.Give him a go.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I really hope in the new FTP that New Zealand and Australia are split up so that we can actually get at least 3 Tests against New Zealand. Particularly galling as Pakistan were scheduled for 4 Tests next summer.

Blain

U19 Captain
Brownlie
Latham
KW
RT
BM
Anderson
Watling
Craig
Henry
Southee
Boult

Guptill
Wagner
Neesham
Ronchi/Bracewell

Brownlie deserves to open, having shown form actually scoring runs there, and generally being a level above the rest in Plunket Shield. Guppy gets a spot on the bench for his fielding, and to give him a taste of Test's again. I would take Anderson over Neesh, due to amount of cricket each have been playing.