• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Spark

Global Moderator
Give Henry six months in test cricket, Ryan Harris retires, Johnson too (if he doesn't just **** the bed instead) and who is left? South Africa and that's about it.

Edit: Oh wait that's right, Southee and Boult aren't world class bowlers on CW.

you know there is space between "lol they're ****" and "BEST ATTACK IN THE WORLD"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to position myself as a Henry denier. I don't really have anything against him but I don't feel the love or optimism that you all do.

If he does well then feel free to tell me to taste it.
I wouldn't classify myself as a Henry denier, but I do think the hype around him in the NZ contingent is ott. Reckon he could be pretty dangerous today though.

Flem274*

123/5
I've missed CW pissing contests.

Tim Southee has the biggest dick of all world class fast bowlers ftr. All the NZ fans can verify this because, well....

Antihippy

International Debutant
howsie likes to throw grenades into threads, but honestly have those blokes above a) all been fit at the same time and b) proven much beyond they're serious talents?

Once the older world class bowlers start retiring the game is on for best attack in the world. Should be a cracker.
Oh I don't doubt it but asking who is left after harris and johnson is completely underestimating the depth of australia's bowling stocks.

Also south africa is a pretty big thing to be left out.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Southee, Boult, Henry. Say no more, New Zealand have got this. The only way we weren't winning this test was if we decided to play Bracewell or for whatever reason Wagner. The start of the best pace attack in world cricket right here.
This is either a superb parody or you're just proving my point about uppity Kiwis who should pipe down.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh I don't doubt it but asking who is left after harris and johnson is completely underestimating the depth of australia's bowling stocks.

Also south africa is a pretty big thing to be left out.
South Africa's bowling attack is the most over-rated thing in cricket.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I have 40 more mid-year reports to write between now and 9am tomorrow. I've positioned myself beautifully to stay up all night watching the cricket and be able to justify being a zombie tomorrow.

Though I am expecting a fair bit of "Little Johnny is a pleasant and hard-working student, although 5outhee WAG!!!!!!"

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is either a superb parody or you're just proving my point about uppity Kiwis who should pipe down.
I do hope you're just pretending to be the biggest cliche of an English cricket supporter.

Because you get top marks if you are.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't classify myself as a Henry denier
Neither do I really. It does seem that I'm relatively in that position within those who follow NZ cricket because I don't think he's going to be absolutely awesome, so I've positioned myself as such, for bants. :p

He actually reminds me a lot of Woakes as a bowler. I really like Woakes as a bowler, but I don't think he's going to conquer worlds and average <27.

Riggins

International Captain
Unfortunately although Brendon has developed into a fine captain he is the world's worst coin tosser.

When I was a teenager my mate and I found that you can always tell which way a coin will land. Which means for a true coin toss to land you have to hide which way it is facing up before the flick.
Was this a serious post?

Flem274*

123/5
Neither do I really. It does seem that I'm relatively in that position within those who follow NZ cricket because I don't think he's going to be absolutely awesome, so I've positioned myself as such, for bants. :p

He actually reminds me a lot of Woakes as a bowler. I really like Woakes as a bowler, but I don't think he's going to conquer worlds and average <27.
I've posted before on how I think he will be everything or nothing in tests because unlike early Southee, early Boult, Milne or even looking abroad to early Anderson, early Broad etc he doesn't have one thing that makes him stand out. He swings it, but isn't a pure swing bowler. He has some pace, but not express, he's accurate, and he gets good bounce, but not heaps of bounce.

He's either the final piece of the puzzle or will end up disappointing imo. We're not looking at a 200 wickets at 30.34 career here. We're looking at less than 25 or over 35.