• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

layorz

Cricket Spectator
By that logic, would you say a batsman is unlucky when he's bowled top of off? LBW rule assumes the batsman isn't there to block the ball. If it's hitting the stumps, I don't see how you can call him unlucky for being given out. He could very easily have been lucky and been given not out, however, but that's not the same thing.
DRS requires more than 50% of the ball to be hitting in order to overturn a not out. It requires a much larger percentage of the ball to be missing to overturn an out. This makes the call lucky for England in my opinion. A call that I accept and respect, but one that in my opinion did not look out.

Anytime DRS shows the ball to be just clipping the stumps with a fraction of the ball is something I'd give the batsman benefit of the doubt over. Again, more than happy with the system as is, it just is lucky to swing Englands way this time. If the review was to overturn a not out call, it'd rightfully fail.

Having an opinion sure sparks conversations on the letter and spirit of the law of the game here

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Ronchi might not have been undroppably good this Test but surely he's jumped ahead of Brownlie as injury cover.
Guptill's efforts might also have put paid to Dean Brownlie's immediate test future. Actually feel for the guy but it's a topic for another day.

91Jmay

International Coach
Game over really here, just how many NZ get past 380. We lost it first innings where we should have got 450 minimum.

Harrier

Cricket Spectator
DRS requires more than 50% of the ball to be hitting in order to overturn a not out. It requires a much larger percentage of the ball to be missing to overturn an out. This makes the call lucky for England in my opinion. A call that I accept and respect, but one that in my opinion did not look out.

Anytime DRS shows the ball to be just clipping the stumps with a fraction of the ball is something I'd give the batsman benefit of the doubt over. Again, more than happy with the system as is, it just is lucky to swing Englands way this time. If the review was to overturn a not out call, it'd rightfully fail.

Having an opinion sure sparks conversations on the letter and spirit of the law of the game here
The DRS procedures are there to give the umpires the benefit of the doubt, not necessarily the batsmen. DRS is intended as a supplement to the umpires as opposed to a supreme court for batsmen to appeal grey-area decisions to with intent to get them overruled.

The fact remains that it was given out and technology showed the decision was not an incorrect decision by virtue of the bails being knocked off. A tight decision, yes. But not unlucky to be given out.

Moss

Super super innings BJ. To think he was almost not available for this test.

Played some excellent innings in recent times but almost all in supporting roles. Great that he gets this moment in the sun.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They should score a maximum of 400. Not a run more. If they get there that is.

Done for the day. Wonderful day for New Zealand. England would be sorely disappointed. Especially in their spin bowling.

Moss

Thank you Mark Craig, now stick around past that new ball tomorrow.

Much as it's been a tad disappointing to see KW tail off after that hundred, so good to see the side being able to hold their own without him.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
We might lose about a half day over the next two days.

What will make it interesting is the 40-50mph winds forecast for Tuesday if it goes that far.

Does that make it harder to bat or bowl?