• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ need to be absolutely ruthless now. The pace at which they've batted so far now affords them the luxury of swelling this lead steadily and shut England out of the game completely. It'll be pretty dumb if they continue ultra aggressive and end up setting them 360 or something. They'll still be favourites but they need to grind England down imo.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
NZ need to be absolutely ruthless now. The pace at which they've batted so far now affords them the luxury of swelling this lead steadily and shut England out of the game completely. It'll be pretty dumb if they continue ultra aggressive and end up setting them 360 or something. They'll still be favourites but they need to grind England down imo.
My thoughts exactly. Watling needs to ton up and then some.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Teams chasing 300+ at Headingley in the fourth winnings have a win loss record of 1 to 9.
Plus this is the first time since 1976 when 300+ runs have been scored in a day at Headingley, according to the comms.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh well, that's that. This could be pretty bad for NZ if Southee and Boult bat like they have all series. They seriously need to show some ****ing guts and stay out there with Watling for as long as possible. Just stamp England down slow and steady.

Moss

Teams chasing 300+ at Headingley in the fourth winnings have a win loss record of 1 to 9.
Plus this is the first time since 1976 when 300+ runs have been scored in a day at Headingley, according to the comms.
Butcher's 173 would be the winning chase I think?

Ronchi gone. Might just be an opening there. But well done, has made his contribution in this game, and really played like a guy who knows it might be the only test he ever plays.

Harrier

Cricket Spectator
Pitched outside and going over the top, with barely any of the ball clipping bails.

Had the on-field call been not out, it'd have been ruled not out by a mile and the commentators would be praising the umpire for a great call. Unfortunately for McCullum the on-field call was out and despite the balls only merit being hitting in line he gets an out. Notably the commentators then justify the decision rather than praise it. Hence, lucky. Good for Wood.
By that logic, would you say a batsman is unlucky when he's bowled top of off? LBW rule assumes the batsman isn't there to block the ball. If it's hitting the stumps, I don't see how you can call him unlucky for being given out. He could very easily have been given not out, however, but that's not the same thing as being unlucky for the finger going up.

At any rate, this does still look to be a very good batting pitch. New Zealand hardly struggling to make runs. I don't think England are out of the run-chase as long as they can avoid the calamity of yesterday evening and this morning. Cook to make an unbeaten 150 and guide England home by 5 wickets!

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England could take a look at Rashid or Kerrigan for the Ashes. Ali not much better than Root atm, despite Latham's fine first dig efforts to make him look so.

Moss

England could take a look at Rashid or Kerrigan for the Ashes. Ali not much better than Root atm, despite Latham's fine first dig efforts to make him look so.
You mean Ali I assume. The lack of left handers in this lineup has made things noticeably harder for him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't be silly, you know full well the regulations surrounding drs and umpires call. Had that been England reviewing a not out, it'd still be not out despite "going on to clip the stumps". I'm sorry that fact offends your logic
Yeah but that's just how DRS works. It doesn't mean the decision didn't look out. It was going on to hit the stumps.