• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yeah. Need these two to settle in. Ronchi was immense in the first innings but wouldn't want to rely on him 2nd time around.

Probably Guptill's best test innings to date? Also, with a pair of 70's and two ducks the question marks remain, but he's gone better than Rutherford would have probably.
I don't mind openers getting the odd duck, they have to play the new ball and there's always a chance of getting done. It's what they do with the starts that concern me more - and Guptill's made two very good 70s.

Stapel

International Regular
Early call, but with 200/4 in the 3rd innings it's New Zealand's game now. I was thinking to put tenner on it, but Unibet has NZ as big favourites now. Not worth it then.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Nice to be reminded that McCullum can play this way too, even if the runs have slowed to a trickle.

Stapel

International Regular
The weather is fair, the lead is healthy, the ball is old. If there is a way I can appreciate McCullum to be just MCullum it is now. Still prefer him to keep his head in gear though.

Moss

The weather is fair, the lead is healthy, the ball is old. If there is a way I can appreciate McCullum to be just MCullum it is now. Still prefer him to keep his head in gear though.
Absolutely. And there's 30 overs to go for the next new ball.

Spark

Global Moderator
This has been such intelligent batting from BMac, completely outthought England. He knows they're concerned about him going ballistic, so he's just taking advantage of spread fields he hasn't had to earn via strokeplay. Blokes out at square leg, long on, midwicket...

Moss

6000 test runs. I think we can safely say Baz's decision to give up the gloves 5 years ago is vindicated.

GGG

State Captain
More so now as we have Watling, he was a brilliant keeper though and a shame he couldn't keep in the shorter forms.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has been such intelligent batting from BMac, completely outthought England. He knows they're concerned about him going ballistic, so he's just taking advantage of spread fields he hasn't had to earn via strokeplay. Blokes out at square leg, long on, midwicket...
6000 test runs. I think we can safely say Baz's decision to give up the gloves 5 years ago is vindicated.
Absolutely.

Moss

More so now as we have Watling, he was a brilliant keeper though and a shame he couldn't keep in the shorter forms.
Yeah, he had a decent claim to being the world's best gloveman. But considering the laughs he got then when he announced he was planning to make it as a batsman alone, it's quite pleasing.