• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really looking forward to this series... should be fantastic. Not totally convinced by NZ's top order yet though. I back Latham and Kane to get runs, but I don't know about the others at all. Lot depends on how Taylor plays. Really hope he does well, but I've been a bit worried about him for a while now.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah guys England at home are pretty ****ing good, especially since Anderson, Broad and Ian Bell seem to operate on another level there. At least Cook has been the opposite of a hometown hero over the years so we have that in our favour. Need the middle order in early.

England have tests under their belt, we don't. I'd be happier if we were coming from the Carribbean to give England their first international game of the NZ winter.

In saying all that, I'm optimistic. I don't see the batting being smooth sailing at all but we have the bowling to win from any position.
Broad's the one I worry about, given his heart seems to be declared as excess baggage every time he goes overseas but is a different proposition at home. Obviously Anderson will be a fair handful as well. Kippax, can I get some odds on BJ being our series top scorer?

But this England is thoroughly under the pump, and returning home after yet another failure is only going to intensify that. I'd love us to win the toss at Lord's, despite what the pitch looks like, bowl, come out and bowl two lengths - up, and up them. I'd love to see the first session set the tone for the series and we can't particularly do that with the bat.

I'd love to see someone like Latham, Kane channel some of the single-minded bloody dogged determination Richardson used in 04. Was lucky enough to be there, for a guy to come back from the ****house decision he got on 94 (?) in the first innings and achieve a life-long goal in the second dig...wow. That is sports.

Flem274*

123/5
If New Zealand sides had all channelled their inner Rigor over the years we'd never be outside the top three. He has the widest talent to achievement gap I've seen in any sport. Because he's kind of a hyperactive kid in the media people forget what a bloody minded professional perfectionist he was.

Flem274*

123/5
Really looking forward to this series... should be fantastic. Not totally convinced by NZ's top order yet though. I back Latham and Kane to get runs, but I don't know about the others at all. Lot depends on how Taylor plays. Really hope he does well, but I've been a bit worried about him for a while now.
Taylor has gone over earlier than the initial squad apparently. Not sure why but he's known for being our man for the big occasion so hopefully that means...

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If New Zealand sides had all channelled their inner Rigor over the years we'd never be outside the top three. He has the widest talent to achievement gap I've seen in any sport. Because he's kind of a hyperactive kid in the media people forget what a bloody minded professional perfectionist he was.
Pretty well summed up. It was more of a round-about way of me highlighting what an incredible and under-rated achievement that 2nd innings century was. To dust himself off after the disappointment of Hair firing him 1st dig on 90-whatever, against such a good attack, on a hallowed ground, to achieve what is a batsman's holy grail of a ton at Lord's was just other-worldly when you think about it.

Anyone hoping Broad has a poor series should count on it being with the bat. He'll be a serious handful for our top order.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Apparently Strauss is the favourite for the director role; because that's what we need right now, more of the same.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
At worst assumption 'before the second warmup game' might be the day before, the 13th of May. That would mean 8 days prep for the Test, which is not ideal but certainly better than the 2 figure being bandied about earlier in the thread. I feel better about this.

Apparently Taylor already headed over before the main contingent of 8 left on Friday. Hope he's been in the nets everyday.
Hmmm...has anyone in the team or coaching staff actually confirmed this, or is this just the reporters supposition? Because this latest article still says that most of the team are arriving 3 days before the 1st test.

Ross Taylor: England no Mickey Mouse team | Stuff.co.nz

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We shouldn't forget that while man for man, NZ is a stronger, more talented, side, that England is still ranked ahead of us. England, with all their bits and pieces cricketers (the guys batting 6-9), clearly punch above their weight.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hmmm...has anyone in the team or coaching staff actually confirmed this, or is this just the reporters supposition? Because this latest article still says that most of the team are arriving 3 days before the 1st test.

Ross Taylor: England no Mickey Mouse team | Stuff.co.nz
Good point. Other article I read said before the second warm up match, but as IPL contracts go each player (if fully fit) must be available while their team is still in the tourny. And given that the regular fixtures end on the 18th that would be 3 days turnaround - unless something has been worked out where they're being released earlier.