• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
At worst assumption 'before the second warmup game' might be the day before, the 13th of May. That would mean 8 days prep for the Test, which is not ideal but certainly better than the 2 figure being bandied about earlier in the thread. I feel better about this.

Apparently Taylor already headed over before the main contingent of 8 left on Friday. Hope he's been in the nets everyday.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Sky Bet have England as favourites for the series win if anyone is interested...
I'd love to know their rationale.

The New Zealand side is now at a level where there's no clamouring for underdog status. We should expect to beat England. That's not arrogance, just where our side should expect to be at - even in their conditions, which shouldn't be that foreign anyway.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
So given the result from eng v wi if bangladesh can draw the last game vs Pakistan a series victory vs england will put us up to number 3 in tests rankings
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
NZ playing 2 tests vs. Eng?

What are the odds of England going 0-7 this English summer? :ph34r:
Nah wont happen. Much as I like to think NZ can win both they stand a good chance of dropping the first test due to players turning up from India 48hrs before.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah wont happen. Much as I like to think NZ can win both they stand a good chance of dropping the first test due to players turning up from India 48hrs before.
Read the posts just before yours. The whole team will be there prior to the 2nd warmup.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
England just lost 20 wickets against the WI for 380 runs. I reckon Southee, Boult and Henry are going to murder them. So I've got $100 on the BCs to win 2-0 (payout $750).

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
England just lost 20 wickets against the WI for 380 runs. I reckon Southee, Boult and Henry are going to murder them. So I've got $100 on the BCs to win 2-0 (payout $750).
Good boy. This is the sort of mentality we should get stuck into now, not the old 'punch above our weight, better than sum of our parts' rubbish.

If the weather holds we should win 2-0, it's as simple as that. It's not arrogance, we're just simply a better side than England in every aspect - funnily enough probably apart from our/their opening batsmen.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If we can see off Anderson we should win, but there isn't much between the batting line-ups and new ball attacks. Our 3rd seamer (whoever it is) should be better than Jordan - great slipper though (one of the best since Cinderella went to the ball) and Craig looks better than Moeen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Read the posts just before yours. The whole team will be there prior to the 2nd warmup.
Bang goes the chance of England picking up the first test as NZ are undercooked and bowling the wrong lengths in T20 mode. I was kind of banking on that happening and the 2nd test at Headingley getting rained off. Guess the best I can hope for now is an Anderson masterclass and he skittles you to give us a win.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah guys England at home are pretty ****ing good, especially since Anderson, Broad and Ian Bell seem to operate on another level there. At least Cook has been the opposite of a hometown hero over the years so we have that in our favour. Need the middle order in early.

England have tests under their belt, we don't. I'd be happier if we were coming from the Carribbean to give England their first international game of the NZ winter.

In saying all that, I'm optimistic. I don't see the batting being smooth sailing at all but we have the bowling to win from any position.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Bang goes the chance of England picking up the first test as NZ are undercooked and bowling the wrong lengths in T20 mode. I was kind of banking on that happening and the 2nd test at Headingley getting rained off. Guess the best I can hope for now is an Anderson masterclass and he skittles you to give us a win.
I would say our chances have gone from a snow ball's chance in Kaitaia to a snow ball's chance in Christchurch. England have the upper hand but we will have a fighting chance now that the news is in that we are getting their earlier than anticipated.