• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Terrible start by the England top order here. By batting slowly and getting their eyes in, even if they retain wickets they put pressure on the middle order batsmen to keep up with the required run rate.

NZ is playing four current or former international wicket keepers. Is this a record? I suspect Sri Lanka (Sangakarra and Dilshan) and Pakistan (Akmals) may have matched this.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Terrible start by the England top order here. By batting slowly and getting their eyes, even if they retain wickets they put pressure on the middle order batsmen to keep up with the required run rate.

NZ is playing four current or former international wicket keepers. Is this a record? I suspect Sri Lanka (Sangakarra and Dilshan) and Pakistan (Akmals) may have matched this.
What required run rate?

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is going to be a stupid comment, but Lyth doesn't look nervous enough.
He is a left handed Vaughan. Looks textbook when he comes off but can't put the drive away when the ball is moving.

Edit: Obviously England would be stoked to have another Vaughan at least for the next few years, I don't actually think he will be that good

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interested in how Ronchi goes behind the stumps here after his ordinary WC.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
See, this is where I think McCullum gets too clever for his own good. Southee's just bowled by far his best over of the morning, went past the bat and hit a really consistent length, and now McCullum takes him off.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah good move, Southee bowled his worst first spell of the tour. Not a great sign. Hopefully his second spell will be a lot better.

Athlai

Not Terrible
See, this is where I think McCullum gets too clever for his own good. Southee's just bowled by far his best over of the morning, went past the bat and hit a really consistent length, and now McCullum takes him off.
Not entirely sold on that IMO. His best over of the day but still looking less threatening than anything Boult is offering. Henry to get 2-3 and then bring Southee on again for either him or Boult.