• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Flem274*

123/5
Clarke and Baz would bat for half an hour then declare. Baz may well have declared overnight, and Clarke may have batted an over then declared just to **** with them.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If NZ chase the runs then so be it. But the odds are in England's favour, there is no need in just being negative and defensive for the sake of it - play the percentages.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have a swing for 10 overs then declare.

If New Zealand chase down 4rpo then fair play to them.

Recent history suggests that England have enough on the board to not lose this game, but we'll need as many overs as possible to take 10 wickets.

I also take GIMH's point about not wanting to lose the game and I wouldn't be too disappointing with shoring up at least a draw and moving on to Headingley. If England want to actually win the game they need to declare in the next 20-30 mins.

Scaly piscine

Easy to say from the couch mate............you reckon the press will be saying "So be it" tomorrow if England lose.
Do you think good sides play with that fear of losing? What about a fear of getting out? England have been playing with that negative mindset for a while now.

If you can't back yourself and your team when they're going for the percentage option then you should stay away from Test cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Easy to say from the couch mate............you reckon the press will be saying "So be it" tomorrow if England lose.
Yeah. Not sure how blasé our man Scaly would be putting his own job at risk.

In saying that, the lack of intent to not score will need to change from Cook's end

Flem274*

123/5
Get Henry on. Southee with the old ball in this test has been disappointing. Not his usual self.

P.S. declare you pussies.

Scaly piscine

Yeah. Not sure how blasé our man Scaly would be putting his own job at risk.

In saying that, the lack of intent to not score will need to change from Cook's end
I've played in a World Scrabble Championship final, I know all about weighing up risk and reward in a pressure situation. There weren't going to be a load of yes men behind me and millions of pounds in endorsements if I ****ed it up and I might never have had another chance to win.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup, Southee looks all too easy this test. Shades of Southee 2008-12 tbh.. when the ball isn't swinging, he becomes cannon-fodder.