• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

greg

International Debutant
Oh well, time for some Buttler fun now.
Think we will get a very slow period now. England aren't nearly far enough ahead to have players coming in and throwing the bat. Although as McCullum will keep on attacking maybe the runs will continue to flow by accident.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Brilliant innings but England still only 230 ahead. Still miles left in this game. England need to bat at least until drinks tomorrow morning.
Depends on the scoring rate. I could plausibly see England getting 300 ahead tonight now, which is defendable.

Meridio

International Regular
Hard to see England losing from here really. Already 230 ahead, and if the cloud cover comes in tomorrow 250 will be a difficult chase.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Depends on the scoring rate. I could plausibly see England getting 300 ahead tonight now, which is defendable.
Possibly defendable in terms of runs but not really in time. If NZ bat all the 5th day then they will knock off 300.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes has twice set the innings up from a tricky situation for the rest to carry on from a nice platform. Ideally he would have gone bigger obviously and hope I'm not computer operating at a Scrabble tournament when he does. Went from 25* to the 90s in the hour between me checking (I don't like having the score running in the background, makes me nervous). Great learning experience for him too as well as the runs and whatnot.

More quick runs would be handy mind, but they just have to keep batting as they would normally bat for now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well looking at the way things have gone today we have scored 300-3 in 70 overs, can't really give them much of a target as the pitch is a belter and if there is no cloud then we will probably lose.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So how much should England be looking at? 320 perhaps? What's interesting is Southee and Boult have been top class for the last 18 months or so but they appear to be a partnership that is good at dictating the terms when they smell blood...but when batsmen are settled and the ball is a little older they can be found wanting. Whereas when you look at the SA attack they too can drift but you know that one piece of magic from Steyn and they are red hot and at you. Bell went early today which was the perfect start but still NZ couldn't force the issue and now they are staring defeat in the face if England continue to pile on the runs like this.

This is why i was surprised to see Wagner dropped tbh because no-matter what you think about his skills as a bowler you very rarely see the man's head drop!!..and that kind of determination often brings the best out of the other two. Craig has also been shown up here aswell which just heaps more pressure on the others.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Game on again here now.

Moeen needs to bat through tonight with Cook.

At least we have something to bowl at now whatever happens from here.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Game has never been off. No way a criticism of Stokes but runs in an innings like that only come from one end. Big innings but a moderate partnership. England have been behind the entire day and still are.