• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict your nations's squad of 15 for the World Cup in 4 years time

ImpatientLime

International Regular
opener
bell
batsman
batsman
batsman
keeper/bat
all rounder
bowler
bowler
bowler
bowler

reserve bat
bopara
reserve all rounder
reserve bowler

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The better question for England fans would be 'predict which no-hoper will be panic drafted into the XI 20 minutes before the first match.'

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
England XV:

1. Vince
2. Roy
3. Taylor
4. Root*
5. Buttler (wk)
6. Stokes
7. Morgan (dropped to 7 to slap the ball about in the last 5 overs. No pressure there, hopefully)
8. Woakes
9. Probably Broad, hopefully Mills or Topley, provided they get decent.
10. Anderson (Because it's in England we'll keep him in cotton wool until 2019)
11. [Latest out of the county fast-bowling machine]

12. Billings (wk)
13. Bell (oh god)
14. [Fast bowler]
15. Riley/Kerrigan/Parry/some county pie-chucker

I don't know much about our U19 set-up, but out of all of them I'd put Rhodes, Finch or Fisher top of the list.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
For BD I predict the exact same 15 ad this year, except with Mortaza out and some young quick in. It's feasible that Sohag Gazi could be back in the mix for one of Taijul/Arafat, and that Sabbir Rahman could be replaced by some other young hitter.
Nah Shabbir will stay. Zubair, the new leggie, might get a gig. I am guessing Mustafizur, promising young quickie, to come up the ranks. Litton may take opening spot for Tamim because at this rate, he's going to get dropped very soon.

WC 2019

1. Anamul
2. Litton
3. Soumya
4. Mullah
5. Mushy
6. Shak
7. Shabbir
8. Mustafizur/Abu Haider
9. Zubair
10. Rubel
11. Taskin

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Surely you'll find a better option than Finch as an opener by then & the same goes for Khawaja at 4.
Finch has been great, but gets found out against the better bowling teams, so maybe...

Khawaja has been epic in the domestic one day comp, deserves a shot imo.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Build the team around Rahane and Kohli.I think they are two of our most reliable players.Would like to see Rohit drafted down to the middle order since they are some very good opening batsmen coming up for India like Samson and Karun Nair.We all know Samson is pretty explosive but Karun is a very fluent strokemaker and if he keeps improving,could be a good shout to make both India's ODI and Test squad in the near future.He might already be in consideration for making the test team considering Dhawan's poor showing.

My great hope would be to see a bowling all-rounder to emerge,someone in the mould of Pathan circa 2005/2006.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wild punt that Kenya make it.
Hamza Malik,
Irfan Karim,
Rakep Patel,
Tanmay Mishra,
Alex Obanda,
Duncan Allan,
Nelson Odhiambo,
Lucas Oluoch,
James Ngoche,
Shem Ngoche,
Emmanuel Bundi,
Nemi Odhiambo,
Eugene Ochieng
Narendra Patel

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Martin Guptill
Jesse Ryder
Kane Williamson (*)
Tom Latham
BJ Watling (+)
Corey Anderson
Jimmy Neesham
Nathan McCullum
Matt Henry
Tim Southee
Trent Boult

Anton Devcich
Colin Munro
Adam Milne
Doug Bracewell

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
The South African team could be an interesting one by the time the next WC comes around.

By then,Amla will be 36,AB-35,FAF-35,Steyn-35,Morkel-34,Duminy-35,Tahir-40.Essentially the spine of the team.How many from this bunch do you guys think will make the next WC ?

Shri

Mr. Glass
R Sharma
A Rahane
U Chand
V Kohli
V Zol
M Dhoni
R Jadeja
R Ashwin
M Shami
U Yadav
V Aaron

I Sharma / M Sharma
P Ojha
S Samson
S Raina (Because IPL performances will always keep him in contention for an ODI spot. Will be dropped after failing early though hopefully.)

Pace bowling attack is also a lottery. Shami should be there but the rest depend on form/injury. No one out of those is as good, dependable or consistent as Shami. Could be a completely new attack or the resurgence of Irfan Pathan!

Last edited: