• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic Off Season thread 2015

adub

International Captain
With Marsh looking more likely to take Voges spot sooner rather than later Bancroft might come into the reckoning. Still think Burns should be the one to get first crack, but if he can repeat last year's effort Bancroft will start to be seriously looked at.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone have a link to any of the results in the practice matches up in QLD recently? I'm missing Brockers tbh..

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Is Burns technique tight enough to open in Tests. He looked fine down the order against India but opening will ask more questions. Especially vs NZ. And probably Taylor from WI if he tours.

adub

International Captain
He's been at his best in the Shield opening so I think he should get a chance there against the Bangas at least.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Heard he's going to there, off without a contract.

Guy has had a lot of chances, there's a time when you have to look elsewhere.
When he was dropped from Tasmania's Shield side, he wasn't great but not terrible and in a terrible side, he was still one of their leading run scorers.
Teased so much for the Tigers and that last year too, but I felt he most certainly didn't deserve to get the boot.
And now he's cemented a spot for the Warriors and is starting to deliver at last, at least in the Shield. The guy certainly has some talent and is doing better than Tasmania's current opening pair. Could come back and bite them hard.