• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic Off Season thread 2015

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
agree with that.
But not sure of the whole concept, 66 players are not enough ?
Think it's a good thing, especially at the start of the season, as teams don't change much with it being in a tournament format, and guys don't get token games towards the end to see how they will do, as they used to when a team couldn't make finals.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So what happens when some players in the CA team dominate and the state decides they want to pick them? they switch teams half way through the tournament?

Spikey

Increase of 2nd XI games is really good. 4 over like 7 months or whatever was way too small

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So what happens when some players in the CA team dominate and the state decides they want to pick them? they switch teams half way through the tournament?
Yeah, I wonder if that can happen in the event of injury. I mean, if I were someone like Tasmania, where there's probably not a huge amount of depth outside the contract list, I'd be pretty upset if one of the 15-man squad got injured and I couldn't draft in the next-best contracted player available because he was playing for the CA XI.

That being said, it would probably result in Jonathan Wells playing for Tasmania ahead of Ben McDermott for the only time this season, so that's a win all-round.

Midwinter

State Captain
While Vic-Orthodox had made it known David Saker was going to get the Victorian coaching job, who was tipping Phil Jaques to coach the Banana-benders ?

Top_Cat

I like JD, always have so reckon he's a decent get for SA. Last time they won the Shield, they needed and got a hard **** (Jeff Hammond). Reckon Siddons' softer touch will work with the current bunch.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They went hard at Gillespie first. But Siddons a good appointment. Has been in Wellington for the past few years.

Travis Head appointed as captain too.
Having seen what Siddons has done in Wellington, DWTA.

Don't expect many young SACA bats coming through, but do expect Callum Ferguson to add booming lofted straight drives to his game in the next season or two.

Spikey

hussey returning for thunder. more importantly, spotless stadium taking over from homebush. so good.