• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic Off Season thread 2015

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Henry pissed off for Larkin and Cowan. That squad should go a long way next season IMO.

Cribb to comment about Solway.

EDIT: This looks like a different Solway though :p

Spikey

sorta figured they'd have to delist more people

Scott Henry's fate is maybe the most New South Wales thing ever. They've made a decision to pick him no matter what (except for international players returning), and then they dump him at season's end cause it became clear he wasn't good enough, but they still picked him to end the season. Bet Sean Abbott doesnt bat 7 next season either

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Alex Keath de-listed

Probably should have picked AFL . . .
I'm completely at odds to know why he doesn't. I keep reading that AFL clubs are still interested in him....and every time he bats, be it at any level, I see a player who isn't a chance in hell at making it. He's been cut by the Vics, and I doubt anyone else will pick him up. Hell, he could play VFL and make more money, right?

Good on him for sticking at it, I guess.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm completely at odds to know why he doesn't. I keep reading that AFL clubs are still interested in him....and every time he bats, be it at any level, I see a player who isn't a chance in hell at making it. He's been cut by the Vics, and I doubt anyone else will pick him up. Hell, he could play VFL and make more money, right?

Supposedly he just loves his cricket. Think he's bright enough that he's not reliant on sport to be his income either.

Burgey

it only took youtube being around 10 years before they started making use of their archives
That was such a great knock. I saw a bit of that dig live. He just kept threading the ball through the field wherever he liked. It was ridiculous.

TheJediBrah

I'd choose cricket if I had a choice. But then I'm a lazy **** and AFL is ridiculously demanding fitness-wise. Hell, even cricket involved too much work for me after teen years . . .

But yeah I'm sure he'd have a better chance at making in AFL had he chosen to pursue it. Cricket: You've got like 20 players earning CA contracts in the whole country. AFL: like 400 players on club rosters? Do the math.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Aussies abroad County Cricket stats

Batting
Voges 392 @ 65.33
Cosgrove 247 @ 49.40
Siddle 152 @ 33.00
Handscomb 137 @ 34.25
Cooper 131 @ 21.83
McKay 126 @ 31.50
Hastings 75 @ 18.75
Magoffin 69 @ 11.50

Bowling
Hastings 14 @ 23.50
McKay 13 @ 22.23
Siddle 11 @ 25.09
Magoffin 10 @ 33.10
Hogan 3 @ 24.33

TheJediBrah

I remember the days when Aussies in County Cricket (All state players eg. Love, Law, Hodge, Elliott, Lehmann, Katich etc) would almost always be averaging 60+

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The CA XI/NPP is going to be the 7th team in the Matador for the next two years, doing a Unicorns-type thing I guess.

If they're going to do this, I'd like to see them do a Unicorns-type thing and get an old head in there to play alongside the young guys. Perhaps asking David Hussey to be involved with the side would be a good option?

Midwinter

State Captain
The CA XI/NPP is going to be the 7th team in the Matador for the next two years, doing a Unicorns-type thing I guess.

If they're going to do this, I'd like to see them do a Unicorns-type thing and get an old head in there to play alongside the young guys. Perhaps asking David Hussey to be involved with the side would be a good option?
agree with that.
But not sure of the whole concept, 66 players are not enough ?

Spikey

the impending removal of the champions league may mean more of the aus team are floating around during the ODD