• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ tour of Australia this summer?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Heard on the radio this morning there will be an NZ tour of Oz later this year. Have any dates for the fixtures been released?

Jezroy

State Captain
Not yet, but apparently West Indies will still get all the prize fixtures (eg. MCG, SCG test).

Hopeful of a 3 test, 5 ODI series still.

Still don't know how we'd manage some of these grounds though. As they are so big.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
There will be pink ball for day-nighter.

Should (better!) be 3 tests - 3 out 4 Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart. Won't be MCG, or SCG.

Tour to England starts in 5 or 6 weeks. Hope that Southee, Boult and Henry pack a few Duke balls to do some extra practice with while on IPL duty

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
There will be pink ball for day-nighter.

Should (better!) be 3 tests - 3 out 4 Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart. Won't be MCG, or SCG.

Tour to England starts in 5 or 6 weeks. Hope that Southee, Boult and Milne pack a few Duke balls to do some extra practice with while on IPL duty
I think the players from both sides are dead against the pink ball and day/night idea. I don't think it will happen.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder where the Aussie tests in NZ will be (return series). I think we've got SL coming beforehand. Have SL got 3 tests too?

Eden Park will surely get a test - capacity, biggest population by miles, closest to Aus for touring fans. McLean Park & Uni Oval could only get Sri Lanka ( no disrespect to either ground or my favourite non-NZ team), so that leaves Hagley, Seddon and the Basin battling it out for the other 2 Aussie tests.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think the players from both sides are dead against the pink ball and day/night idea. I don't think it will happen.
Really?

Heard better feedback this year in the state cricket about it, sounds like they are a lot closer to go time with it.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah I heard the players on the pitch liked it but it was hard to pick up in the outfield and the spectators had no ****ing clue what was happening.