• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The post here when Warne does something dickish/creepy thread

the big bambino

International Captain
That's it for me and Warney. I've fallen out of love and I'm leaving him. To dump on a mate who had to make a call on a player's fitness and form in the higher obligation to his team shows him up as a ****. He's so dumb he didn't realise his bitching makes him look even worse in comparison.

Perhaps unwittingly Warne tries to emulate Keith Miller but always fails. A bowler who could bat a bit instead of an all rounder. A text pest instead of a ladies' man. A yobbo at the court instead of a charmer. A jungle celebrity instead of a serviceman. A mannequin of transplants and botox versus natural good looks. A confidant of bookmakers but not on the track. A **** house commentator ... well he has that in common.

At least when Miller had a spat with an iconic captain he retained his dignity. Warne in comparison shrinks without the help of diuretics. Which is another contrast with Miller. Miller took the piss while Warne had it taken from him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The biggest surprise out of this for me is that people are surprised at all.

What was the big secret I already knew that you guys didn't? The fact that Warne hates Steve Waugh or the fact that Warne is a massive ****?

the big bambino

International Captain
The biggest surprise out of this for me is that people are surprised at all.

What was the big secret I already knew that you guys didn't? The fact that Warne hates Steve Waugh or the fact that Warne is a massive ****?
Not up on all the gossip but this confession surprises me as its completely unfair. Seems Warney can't get on with anyone either so I wonder how many mates he's burned bcos of his ego. Besides I can kind of accept he dislikes a person but now I find out the reason I'm just gob smacked so there's a difference there.

I suppose it was less of a secret that he's a massive ****. But I tended to forgive or ignore his transgressions. Not after this though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you guys realise everything he's said on the show is likely 90% scripted right?

calling Steve Waugh a **** will kill in the ratings

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The term 'selfish' gets thrown around far too easily in cricket, both by cricketers and direct stakeholders such as coach, manager, board officials, and the fans of course.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
you guys realise everything he's said on the show is likely 90% scripted right?

calling Steve Waugh a **** will kill in the ratings
It doesn't matter. Warne still has to be a **** to agree to say it.

Red

That's it for me and Warney. I've fallen out of love and I'm leaving him. To dump on a mate who had to make a call on a player's fitness and form in the higher obligation to his team shows him up as a ****. He's so dumb he didn't realise his bitching makes him look even worse in comparison.

Perhaps unwittingly Warne tries to emulate Keith Miller but always fails. A bowler who could bat a bit instead of an all rounder. A text pest instead of a ladies' man. A yobbo at the court instead of a charmer. A jungle celebrity instead of a serviceman. A mannequin of transplants and botox versus natural good looks. A confidant of bookmakers but not on the track. A **** house commentator ... well he has that in common.

At least when Miller had a spat with an iconic captain he retained his dignity. Warne in comparison shrinks without the help of diuretics. Which is another contrast with Miller. Miller took the piss while Warne had it taken from him.
AWTA. Such a shame that the guy who was (for me) the most watchable cricketer of my time is and IMO probably the most talented bowler ever will continue to make people dislike him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA. Such a shame that the guy who was (for me) the most watchable cricketer of my time is and IMO probably the most talented bowler ever will continue to make people dislike him.
I'm with PEWS on this one as I don't really understand why some are expressing surprise

Mind you, Waugh is hardly well liked either and he seems to be getting a free pass on here

Gnske

Tbh Steve is the kind of guy who you dread coming to your family BBQ once a year

I can see Mark Waugh's kids saying 'I-Is uncle Steve coming this year?' to a nod of derision from Junior. Steve probably shows up every year wearing his desiccated baggy green and sits in the corner of the yard drowning himself on the port he was meant to bring along to share.

Red

social said:
Mind you, Waugh is hardly well liked either and he seems to be getting a free pass on here
Tbh Steve is the kind of guy who you dread coming to your family BBQ once a year

I can see Mark Waugh's kids saying 'I-Is uncle Steve coming this year?' to a nod of derision from Junior. Steve probably shows up every year wearing his desiccated baggy green and sits in the corner of the yard drowning himself on the port he was meant to bring along to share.
I never had this image of SW. Just thought he was a quiet thoughtful sort of guy, not really one to be a wanker or big note himself. Just seems like a genuine decent guy to me.

Scaly piscine

Last edited: