• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The post here when Warne does something dickish/creepy thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne has zero self-awareness and probably wouldn't give a toss what people thought even if he did

Having a go at Waugh is nothing new but what sums Warne up for me is that he agreed to go on the show in the first place

The guy doesn't need the money and is not your typical D-lister that is desperate for a vehicle to resurrect their career

I suspect that he just loved the idea of a camera being on him 24/7
his charity needs the money tho

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I find it kind of amusing that Warney is all cut up about being dropped for one test match when he clearly wasn't bowling.

Victor Ian

International Coach
It's no big deal. Are you really going to write critiques over Warne using the word selfish and use that as an excuse to bag him? It was probably a quickly corrected alternative for "Steve Waugh was a c--t", which his hard nosed approach may well have been, at times. It was just a small sound bite about Warne's opinion of Waugh, and could even have been taken out of context because, you know, these reality shows do that all the time.

The thing I noticed is how Waugh never speaks publicly. He is a bit like Border was after retiring. All those years as captain and we have heard largely nothing about it since. Sadly, I can see that we are about to get the Clarke show on TV soon when I would really rather hear from Waugh, because Clarke will be PC hyperbole, whereas Waugh would be "tell it as it is".

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is interesting, Waugh paints a really nice picture of Warne in his autobiography, he seems to really like him. Not so much Michael Slater, lol.

I'd always assumed Warne respected Waugh, but I guess not. I would like to know the other reasons he dislikes him.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Waugh (with Buchanan) was all about team first. Waugh bought into the ANZAC culture heavily and it influenced the team.

Warne had a gold Nike earring.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Warne is that kind of person. Still remember he once insulted Arjuna Ranatunga saying he's so fat that looks like he has just swallowed a whole pig.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne & Waugh are polar opposites so hardly a surprise that they don't get on

Anyway, there's no unwritten law saying that team-mates have to like each other

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
So much respect for the way Waugh just doesn't even bother with this crap.

re: "I'm the captain, I make the selection".

100% correct, and great leadership. You don't get special favours just because you are on the selection panel. You play crap, you get dropped. And the Aus won the test.

Love Steve.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Warne is that kind of person. Still remember he once insulted Arjuna Ranatunga saying he's so fat that looks like he has just swallowed a whole pig.

This was during his 1 year ban or just after. Ranatunga responded saying it was better than the stuff he had been taking. :laugh: Ranatunga is one of those who won the verbals very easily against Warne.

Day Man

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This was during his 1 year ban or just after. Ranatunga responded saying it was better than the stuff he had been taking. :laugh: Ranatunga is one of those who won the verbals very easily against Warne.
The two of them don't seem to have engaged in a particularly high level of banter worthy of recounting here.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ranatunga retired a few years before Warne's ban. Must have happened off the field, which seems weird.

Marius

International Debutant
Still think one of the best chirps I've heard about was when Daryll Cullinan came out to bad, and Warne said: 'I've been waiting four years for this.' And Cullinan said: 'Well, it looks like you spent it eating.'

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I've heard all these sledges said by a range of different people depending on who's telling the story.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The ******** being ********. Steve Waugh might not be the greatest Australian captain but to term him selfish is just plain ****ness from the ****face.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Still think one of the best chirps I've heard about was when Daryll Cullinan came out to bad, and Warne said: 'I've been waiting four years for this.' And Cullinan said: 'Well, it looks like you spent it eating.'
Yes, what a great response it was. Might've been a better comeback if he hadn't proceeded to be dismissed by Warne for a duck.