• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Channel Nine dilemma?

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
Well well. I cannot say they do not deserve it!
A clash of sports on a channel which given such scant disregard for free to air viewers this World Cup with showing only Australian matches.
Now they find themselves in a clash of which one to air on their main channel. Shame we have to put up with them being the only broadcaster for international rights until 2019.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
[h=1]High-rating rugby league could push Cricket World Cup off Channel Nine if Aussies crash out[/h]
Not sure if you heard GirtBySea........but the Aussies made the final.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame for the rugby fans then. How about if they did not make it?
I don't see the big deal, they have enough channels to play with so they air both games.

Personally I'd love it if the cricket was "demoted" to GEM.

I despise Neins coverage as much as the next person........but I'm not sure what the issue here is??

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Who cares if it's on Nine or Gem? Same ****, different name.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
I'll be watching it on Fox Sports anyway. I know it's the same coverage but I'll just feel better about myself.

watson

Banned
Why is anyone still interested in Rugby League, especially in Sydney?

I don't think anyone should follow the game on principle until the players learn how to behave like civilised human beings rather than bona fide misogynous thugs, drug pushers, and morons.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta be the dumbest group of sports players going around. Either got some bloke pissing in his mouth or others peddling cocaine

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I still follow League but have to say that I can't remember my excitement levels being as low. The World Cup Cricket probably has something to do with it though tbf.

Still, I'm looking forward to watching the Broncos game early today before the cricket starts.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is anyone still interested in Rugby League, especially in Sydney?

I don't think anyone should follow the game on principle until the players learn how to behave like civilised human beings rather than bona fide misogynous thugs, drug pushers, and morons.
All I can do is laugh :laugh:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i thought this thread was gonna be about how whether CA has a dilemma with C9. Coz you know. C9 have sucked pretty bad lately.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I appreciate that cricket is on free to air in Australia - which is massively important - but having watched 'the verdict' on sky after the world cup games in England it's been a revelation to encounter quality cricket analysis. that short man who presents is great and Nasser's segment with the aussies and indians and how they prepare in the nets was awesome.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
i thought this thread was gonna be about how whether CA has a dilemma with C9. Coz you know. C9 have sucked pretty bad lately.
Wonder what 9 would have done if Australia didn't make it. Both codes would want their game on the main channel I would have thought.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wonder what 9 would have done if Australia didn't make it. Both codes would want their game on the main channel I would have thought.
Both codes did have their game on the main channel. They just moved the NRL forward so it finished before the cricket started.