• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia in odi's

Xuhaib

International Coach
6 of 11 WC finals next best is Windies and India with 3. 4/5 World cup wins of 11 next best is again India and West indies with 2 each. Does the Australia world cup record flatters them or are they really twice as good as their next best rivals in OD cricket history.Australa's domination in odi world cups is one of the best for any team sports.

Discuss.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How can their record "flatter them"?

I hate that term.

They've been ****ing brilliant for ages.

Xuhaib

International Coach
How can their record "flatter them"?

I hate that term.

They've been ****ing brilliant for ages.
All Blacks have been very dominant in Rugby Union more so then Aus odi team yet their record does not even come close to Australia WC record.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Just too ridiculously good. If they win 5th title out of 11 it will just show how rest of the teams suck in comparison. I also think Australia winning the world cup almost being the foregone conclusion most times will not look very tidy. I really want other teams to get up to this level or the competition ceases to be interesting.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
All Blacks have been very dominant in Rugby Union more so then Aus odi team yet their record does not even come close to Australia WC record.
Because the All Blacks are only slightly better than the South African cricket team when performing under pressure. The All Blacks are the chokers of Rugby.
Australia have been the best or one of the best cricket sides for years now. So to the OP, no.

Shady Slim

International Coach
admittedly i have gotten bored of australia winning everything recently with ease (bar what is the g l o r i o u s adelaide test), at least a challenge ffs, that is what i like about the final, should be a challenge