Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 227
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: All time best ODI team

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58

    Icon14 All time best ODI team

    So many great players played this wonderful game; each with their unique ability to win matches single-handedly. If you had to pick the best eleven keeping the balance of side in mind, what would be your best team?

    Does the video below help?



    Eager to hear from you
    Last edited by midge; 26-03-2015 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #2
    State Vice-Captain Coronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,479
    We have an ATG team thread, should post in there.
    ATG World XI
    1. J.B Hobbs 2. H. Sutcliffe 3. D.G Bradman 4. S.R Tendulkar 5. W.R Hammond 6. G.S Sobers 7. A.C Gilchrist 8. M.D Marshall 9. S.K Warne 10. D.W Steyn 11. G.D McGrath

  3. #3
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58
    sure, thanks!

  4. #4
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Way over yonder in the minor key
    Posts
    6,007
    Today...

    Tendulkar
    M.Waugh
    V.Richards
    Jones
    DeVilliers
    Dhoni
    Klusener
    Wasim
    Garner
    Murali
    Donald
    Last edited by Red Hill; 26-03-2015 at 11:57 PM.


  5. #5
    School Boy/Girl Captain Bushranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    105
    Gilchrist,Tendulkar,Ponting,Richards,Kallis,Maxwel l,Imran,Bevan,Warne,Wasim,McGrath

  6. #6
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    140
    God (Tendulkar)
    Gilchrist
    King Viv
    Ponting
    AB
    MS Dhoni
    Zulu
    Wasim Akram
    McGrath
    Garner
    Murali

  7. #7
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58
    Great line-up! Who captains this side? How about a Ponting in place of Jones? He is an attacking batsman, a great fielder and a great captain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hill View Post
    Today...

    Tendulkar
    M.Waugh
    V.Richards
    Jones
    DeVilliers
    Dhoni
    Klusener
    Wasim
    Garner
    Murali
    Donald

  8. #8
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58
    Wow! what a team!! Nightmare for any opposition. Who's the captain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    Gilchrist,Tendulkar,Ponting,Richards,Kallis,Maxwel l,Imran,Bevan,Warne,Wasim,McGrath

  9. #9
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58

    Icon7

    Nice pick! May be we can pick one between Gilly and Dhoni as both are WKs.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMurali View Post
    God (Tendulkar)
    Gilchrist
    King Viv
    Ponting
    AB
    MS Dhoni
    Zulu
    Wasim Akram
    McGrath
    Garner
    Murali

  10. #10
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by midge View Post
    Nice pick! May be we can pick one between Gilly and Dhoni as both are WKs.
    both can qualify purely on their batting. Dhoni is arguably the greatest finisher, and Gilly is one of the finest openers.

  11. #11
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58
    Agree. But, with Klusener in the ranks, may be we can bring in an extra all rounder or a batsman.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMurali View Post
    both can qualify purely on their batting. Dhoni is arguably the greatest finisher, and Gilly is one of the finest openers.

  12. #12
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Way over yonder in the minor key
    Posts
    6,007
    Quote Originally Posted by midge View Post
    Great line-up! Who captains this side? How about a Ponting in place of Jones? He is an attacking batsman, a great fielder and a great captain.
    Ponting for Jones would be fine, but I'll stick with Jones today.

    Viv and Dhoni are both good captains.

  13. #13
    School Boy/Girl Captain Bushranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by midge View Post
    Wow! what a team!! Nightmare for any opposition. Who's the captain?
    I would pick punter to captain

  14. #14
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer midge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cricket Carnival
    Posts
    58
    cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hill View Post
    Ponting for Jones would be fine, but I'll stick with Jones today.

    Viv and Dhoni are both good captains.

  15. #15
    Gob
    Gob is offline
    School Boy/Girl Captain Gob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    banana stand
    Posts
    149
    Gilchrist +
    Tendulkar
    Ponting
    Richards *
    DeVilliers
    Symonds
    Klusner
    Akram
    Pollock
    Garner
    Murali

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Me - My Team - Time Away
    By Matteh in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-06-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. A T20 team for all-time
    By Days of Grace in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 24-09-2007, 03:18 AM
  3. Twenty20 all-time best team
    By atisha_ro in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22-06-2007, 12:23 AM
  4. who is the all time team
    By no1 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 01:15 AM
  5. Best all-time Team
    By Blewy in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17-07-2003, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •