• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time best ODI team

midge

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well, keepers generally are very good fielders. Couple of names that come to my mind include Andy Flower & Dinesh Karthik.

indiaholic

International Captain
Hi there,

New to the forum, trying to learn the ropes. With so many comments coming in, I feel replying with quote ensures my comment reaches the person who made the statement, else it will get lost. And, although the comment is there for everyone to see, the person may not know that I have specifically replied to him.

Sorry, if I sound too naïve. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

What if I do a "Quick Reply?" Will my comment reach that particular person to whose thread I have commented or will it show up as a general comment? Basically, want to know the difference among "Quick Reply," "Reply with Quote" and the "Multi Quote" option. How does all this work?

Sorry, if that's a lot to answer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
midge
Don't think there is a mechanism to ensure that your post will be read by the person you are addressing. Your best bet is to quote their post and then reply.

The quick reply is just what it sounds like. It is an option to quickly reply to a thread without using advanced functionality such as quotes, additional formatting etc.

When you are quoting it makes sense to write your comments below the quote. This makes for an easier reading experience as the context comes first and the argument later.

Multi quote will be useful when you are addressing multiple posts/people within the same post.

Hope this helps.

midge

Don't think there is a mechanism to ensure that your post will be read by the person you are addressing. Your best bet is to quote their post and then reply.

The quick reply is just what it sounds like. It is an option to quickly reply to a thread without using advanced functionality such as quotes, additional formatting etc.

When you are quoting it makes sense to write your comments below the quote. This makes for an easier reading experience as the context comes first and the argument later.

Multi quote will be useful when you are addressing multiple posts/people within the same post.

Hope this helps.
Certainly, this is helpful. Thanks so much for sparing the time to answer my queries!

midge

Guys, there have been some great suggestions as to what could be the best ODI line-up. The different permutations/combinations are truly spectacular. Keep pouring in your suggestions. Way to go!

Gowza

U19 12th Man
Today I'm feeling

Tendulkar
Gilchrist
Viv
AB
Hussey
Dhoni
Kapil
Wasim
Garner/Donald/Bond
McGrath
Saqlain

midge

Most of Lara's best ODI performances have come batting in top 3.
Are you saying at No. 3? If it is so, then yes, we know that. He is perfect for No. 3 slot. I personally feel, for an opener, we need someone else. Lara is perfect at No. 3.

midge

Amla
Tendulkar
Ponting (c)
Viv
AB de Villiers
Dhoni (wk)
Klusener
Akram
Warne
Lee
McGrath
Good one! Look at that batting line-up. Feel pity for the opposition bowlers. They are going to be mercilessly thrashed all around the park. If at all, there is slight room for a change, its Lee. A curtly Ambrose can probably replace him. :thumbup:

midge

Hayden
Sachin
Viv
ABDV
Bevan
MSD (+)
Klusener
Wasim
Murali
Garner
McGrath
Awesome! I will only replace Garner, as he is similar to McGrath and have a Holding/Donald/Ambrose in his place.:thumbup:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
On today's menu, let's do the ATG chasing XI:

Tendulkar
Lara
Kohli
Dhoni +
Hussey
Bevan
Klusener
-
-
-
-

And the ATG Setting up XI:

Gilchrist +
Hayden
Richards
Ponting
ABDV
-
-
-
-
Wasim
McGrath

Teams need to be mutually exclusive just for the heck of it.