• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charlie Griffith - Guilty or Not Guilty?

JBMAC

State Captain
Charlie was a chucker IMPO. I do not think he realised he was doing it as he seemed to get "worked" up when things were not going his way and his temper took control with him getting too carried away. I do not feel it was deliberate ...... with the exception of his bean ball.(full toss)

watson

Banned
Here is some footage (2 spells) of Griffith bowling against England to accompany Fred's enjoyable piece. During the initial spell we see him pick up both openers, Edrich and Stewart, caught behind. I can see why some thought that he chucked as it would be easy to do so with such an action. However, in the 2 brief minutes that we see him his arm is ramrod straight.

The video also features a sensational catch by Cowdrey off Shackleton, 2 cracking square drives by Dexter, Worrell's medium pace getting Barrington caught in the covers, and Sobers bowling what looks like a Chinaman. Not bad.

Last edited: