• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani fielding

Xuhaib

International Coach
Quite ironic since Pakistani's crappy catching is often used as a reason to big up Wasim's (already awesome) record - i.e. "imagine if he had fielders who could catch!".
Latif as a keeper was awesome,moin was average though not akmal level bad.inzi at first slip was safe as a house ijaz was gun at point rest were as mediocre as they are now.

smash84

The Tiger King
Quite ironic since Pakistani's crappy catching is often used as a reason to big up Wasim's (already awesome) record - i.e. "imagine if he had fielders who could catch!".
i never said they were good. I said they weren't always this atrocious.

And as Xuhaib says the rest were quite mediocre (some definitely being sub standard)

smash84

The Tiger King
and yeah, we didn't have afridi, azhar mahmood and abdur razzaq very frequently in the test team either. I was talking about ODIs

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They need to practice tennis ball high catches for an hour each a day, then do an hour of flat catching with tennis balls too. Soft hands ffs

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be fair, most teams are getting the ball to reverse within the 25 overs per ball.

And back in their time, they'd end up having the ball changed around the 35-40th over because it would go green and you couldn't pick it up anyway.