• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection thread 2015/16

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maybe:
Warner Burns Khawaja Smith Voges Marsh Nevill Starc Pattinson Lyon Hazlewood Siddle* Bird O'Keefe Bancroft Marsh.

*unfortunately think Siddle has played his last Test - unless there are injuries.
Thinking about it more, maybe Maxwell would be better value than Shaun Marsh given that Mitch hasn't cemented his spot yet and the pitches could make Maxwell a genuine batting allrounder option as opposed to merely the troll bowler he is on home decks. On the other hand, slotting Maxwell in at 5 and Mitch Marsh at 6 if there was an injury would be pretty dire. Given the different ways the side could go balance wise I'd probably look at either taking 17 or leaving the second spare quick out.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The question of Maxwell at 6 might depend on the rest of the bowling balance as well. If they're going to pick both O'Keefe and Lyon, you'd want Marsh in there I think. But if they're only picking one spinner I don't think it'd be a bad selection honestly. And if Hazlewood, Starc and Pattinson are all fit you'd imagine they'd all be picked which does mean the spin attack is pretty light with Marsh in there as well, so Maxwell could be pretty useful. Worth a place in the squad at least, given S. Marsh is totally fine as a backup opener.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Less on-side strokes, loves to cut on length it seems more than line.
Basically Boof circa 1990 before he discovered the moving ball.

EDIT: Actually, I'd say Lehmann's weight more on his back-foot but hard to say, haven't seen him bat live much.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Don't like his shots off the front foot. Looks all hands. Will be a prime candidate against the moving ball. Has he played any county cricket? Should help him a lot, I think.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Certainly helped his Dad playing for Yorkshire, had some regularly gloomy conditions to contend with from all reports. Just checked his record, was far better than I thought. Averaged almost 70 over a 10-year period. Phenomenal.

Imagine Lehmann Junior will be playing too much T20 cricket to do a full County season any time soon, though.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Hehe betting is illegal here so I don't have an incentive to keep track of domestic players across the world.