• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Symonds or Glenn Maxwell?

Which one?

• Roy

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • The Big Show

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
In an ATG Aust ODI team? They have similarities. Aggressive batsmen who can quickly take a game away, absolutely elite fielders, and more than handy with the ball.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How is Maxwell anywhere close to making an ATG ODI XI for Australia right now?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm not saying Maxwell can't form a case eventually, but this makes scarcely more sense than pondering over whether Jake Doran should be rated ahead of Arthur Morris. Maxwell's international career has barely started.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what would the aussie ATG ODI side look like?
I think we did one a year or so back. IIRC it went something like:

1. Gilchrist
2. Waugh
3. Ponting
4. Jones
5. Hussey
6. Bevan
7. Symonds
8. Warne
9. Lee
10. Lillee
11. McGrath

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think Symonds showed up when it mattered quite a bit more compared to Watto. Otherwise, they are close.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Think Symonds showed up when it mattered quite a bit more compared to Watto. Otherwise, they are close.
Watsons bowling makes it easy Symonds bowling was just part timer material. Watson was a legit bowler in his prime. Maybe Faulkner could get there not Maxwell.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm biased since i've always had a ranging stiff for Batswell but I choose him over Roy.

Symonds was pure strength, Maxwell pure GOAT

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson pretty much won the 2009 champions trophy by himself what did Roy ever do that was more important? Can't recall ever?
Had a huge influence in the 2003 World Cup.

Personally though I'd find room for both of them. 6 bowlers in ODI's is important, despite Watto being inferior as an opener to Junior or Hayden.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah I'm not saying Maxwell can't form a case eventually, but this makes scarcely more sense than pondering over whether Jake Doran should be rated ahead of Arthur Morris. Maxwell's international career has barely started.
I think it makes a lot more sense considering Maxwell has played nearly 50 ODIs, and Symonds and Maxwell play(ed) basically the same role in their respective sides.

Gob

International Coach
me team

gilchrist
hayden
ponting
martyn
bevan
symonds
watson
warne
lee
lillee
mcgrath

Teja.

Global Moderator
Mark Waugh is the second best ODI opener of all time after Sachin.

He was pretty much the definition of a clutch player and was exceptional in all sorts of conditions aaginst top quality bowling and in WCs as well. He is also probably the best pure catcher of his era.

He should walk into an Australian ATG side.