• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which young players will shine in comming Indo-Pak series?

Which young players will shine in comming Indo-Pak series?

• I Pathan

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Y Hameed

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I Farhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danish Kaneria

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Kaif

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Karthik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patel

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Any other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
A bad\average ball from any bowler (whether they're capable of bowling many good deliveries or not) is the same whoever the bowler and batsman.
And by the same token, so is a good ball, yet you seem to have automatically decided that it is impossible for him to bowl them, and any wickets he'll get will be poor batting.

So he's a poor bowler because he bowls poor balls, but they're not poor batsmen if they play poor shots?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Choora said:
Obviously one can easily expect Tendulkar Akhter and other seniors to do bulk of the job, but i think some youngsters will also do well .Remember Tendulkar got off to a blazing start to his career in Pakistan, that Indian teams was full of super stars.

I personally think Pathan will do well.Z Khan is injury prone and might not be able to play all three test matches, Ajit sufferes from mood swings while Nehra has been a dissapointment lately.

FRom Pakistan Hameed could be the guy, i forgot to include the name of Umar, who is developing into a fine Test opener.

Does anyone think a leggie in Kaneria will be able to pose any real threath to Indian batsmen?
There was Saqlain Mushtaq taking 20 wickets vs India in 2 tets (5 wickets in each inning). Thats what I call a young player making an impact. Not some thing like an odd century or a 5 wicket hall in the series.

If you analyste the two teams, 5 of the six Indian batsmen are settled and so the chances of a younger player making a huge impact is near to nil.

A Pakistani opener among the two young ones can make inroads as Indian bowling is looking weak.

Among the bowlers, I do expect Saqlain to be back and perform well along with Shoiab. I wouldnt say another pace bowler would make as much an impact. Kaneria can be troublesome.

Indian bowling looks pretty weak except Zaheer Khan and Kumble who are both injured. Zaheer has said he will play vs Pakistan but if Kumble doesnt play, I dont see how India can take 20 wickets. I dont expect Pathan, any one else to make a huge impact. Bhajji is also out injured and Nehra could have been a factor if he was rested for this VB series. The way its going, he may well be dropped vs Pakistan!

FRAZ

International Captain
NOW MY question is that who will be the top 5 batsmaen and bowlers . I mean Highest scorers and the leading wicket takers in tests . Dont mention one dayers . One dayers will be crap and one sided .
In my view
Bowlers
1. Shoaib Akhtar 17
2. Kumble 14
3. Saqlain 12-13
4. Sami 10 with bad S/R
5. Khan or gul 8-9
Batsmen
1. Dravid , cuz I have always heard pakistani players that they only like his batting instead of tendulkar. 423 =+-
2. Youhana , 389 +-
3. Umar . 300
4. Tendulkar . 200 odd
5 Laxman or Moin Khan . 180's with one good inning and thats it .
India will suffer in the wicket keeping field .
And Pakistan , well same O same fielding blunders .......

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
Choora said:
Sami.. L:lol: L ..The way he performed in NZ is giving Nightmares to PCB so much so that former cricketers are being rushed to teach the lad the basics of fast bowlings!

Sami ,no way!
i dont understand y u r criticising sami so much,i think he is a gr8 talent who is improving and maturing.none of the indian bowlers r much better r they?
who is your national team turning to for bowling training,advice etc????????????

the gr8est swing bowler of all time=wasim "swing king" akram

i hope that changes ur opinion on m.sami

i think sachin,youhana,inzy,laxman,turbanator aka
h.singh,akhtar,taufeeq,yuvraj will play a major role in the result of the series

pakistan #1 fan 4 ev@ :D

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
And by the same token, so is a good ball, yet you seem to have automatically decided that it is impossible for him to bowl them, and any wickets he'll get will be poor batting.

So he's a poor bowler because he bowls poor balls, but they're not poor batsmen if they play poor shots?
Depends how many runs they score in the interim, obviously.
Likewise, it's not impossible for anyone to bowl good balls (I do it from time to time, FCOL) but how regularly they take to bowl them and how many runs they give away in the interim that judges how good they are.
Bad batting does not come into it.
And in Sami's case, he bowls good balls very rarely and concedes runs at quite a high rate.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hyounis786 said:
i dont understand y u r criticising sami so much
Because he has bowled very poorly for most of his Test-career?
i think he is a gr8 talent who is improving and maturing.none of the indian bowlers r much better r they?
No, but just because India have poor bowlers doesn't mean Sami is good.
And I don't think he is improving at all. I think he is a very overrated bowler.

Choora

State Regular
hyounis786 said:
i dont understand y u r criticising sami so much,i think he is a gr8 talent who is improving and maturing.none of the indian bowlers r much better r they?
who is your national team turning to for bowling training,advice etc????????????

the gr8est swing bowler of all time=wasim "swing king" akram

i hope that changes ur opinion on m.sami

:D
What kind of argument is that? are you feeling alright?

What has Sami to do with the skills of Akram and Indian bowlers?

Sami has potential but he has fared very poor lately, and that is why Pak cricket official have rushed ex players to sort out the problems with Sami.

Akram is a gtreat bowler and so is Akhter and Waqar but how can their performance change one's opinion on Sami???

And for your kind info young Indian bowlers are much better than the way you have described.Irfan Pathan is awesome, perhaps the best upcomming bowler from all the test playing country.Balaji has shown tremendous potential and Z KHan is class. Surprisingly even Ajit is bowling well, sorry to say but Pak reserves bowler in Shabbir (coz of his action) and Umar are nothing but huge dissapointment!

Choora

State Regular
Pratyush said:

A Pakistani opener among the two young ones can make inroads as Indian bowling is looking weak.

Yeah the two young players can shine and so can the one down player in Hameed.

Indian bowling looks pretty weak except Zaheer Khan and Kumble who are both injured. Zaheer has said he will play vs Pakistan but if Kumble doesnt play, I dont see how India can take 20 wickets. I dont expect Pathan, any one else to make a huge impact.
Zaheer has said that he will play that doesn't necessarily means that he will be able to play the entire series. I do believe that Irfan Pathan will be the one who will shine in the series. He has the potential to trouble the vulnerable Pak batting lineup and win the match for India.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
I still think that sami is better then indias bowlers despite his bad performance in one series against nz.He has the potential that waqar younis and akram had when they were his age and he is still improving

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
Choora said:
What kind of argument is that? are you feeling alright?

What has Sami to do with the skills of Akram and Indian bowlers?

Sami has potential but he has fared very poor lately, and that is why Pak cricket official have rushed ex players to sort out the problems with Sami.

Akram is a gtreat bowler and so is Akhter and Waqar but how can their performance change one's opinion on Sami???

And for your kind info young Indian bowlers are much better than the way you have described.Irfan Pathan is awesome, perhaps the best upcomming bowler from all the test playing country.Balaji has shown tremendous potential and Z KHan is class. Surprisingly even Ajit is bowling well, sorry to say but Pak reserves bowler in Shabbir (coz of his action) and Umar are nothing but huge dissapointment!
Have you seen umar gul play i think that he is better then pathan, who only had a few good performances.Also nehra should not be in the india team he is crap and even argarkar is better then him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
imranrabb said:
Have you seen umar gul play i think that he is better then pathan, who only had a few good performances.
Personally I think they're both pretty poor.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
imranrabb said:
I still think that sami is better then indias bowlers despite his bad performance in one series against nz.He has the potential that waqar younis and akram had when they were his age and he is still improving
Waqar and Wasim never really had inconsistency problems - Waqar was never the most accurate in The World but he was almost invariably a threat.
Sami has been consistently poor.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
In my opinion Yasir hameed and Imran farhat will shine. I do agree that Irfan Pathan is a good bowler but he is still very unexperienced and by learning a few techniques from the likes of great Wasim Akram he cant prove to be a real threat on pitches in Pakistan.

Choora

State Regular
Richard said:
Waqar and Wasim never really had inconsistency problems - Waqar was never the most accurate in The World but he was almost invariably a threat.
Sami has been consistently poor.

Initially Waqar wasn't good, unlike Akram waqar did took time to settle down in the initiall part of his career

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
godofcricket said:
I would have to disagree with u here...he had a poor NZ tour but to say hes been performing consistently poor is wrong.
Check out his series-by-series record.
Then reconsider.