• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Spark

Global Moderator
Urgh we're already hearing the tedious spiels about "don't talk about their scoring rates, when they were doing well it was on the back of scoring this slowly as well". It's just not true.

Cook and Trott scored at normal Test batting pace between 2010-2012. Ugly =/= slow.

EDIT: Though tbf, the people complaining about the slow batting on this pitch are even more tedious.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bishoo should be made to run back to the hotel at the end of play for bowling a couple of no balls already today. Disgraceful from a spinner to overstep.

Daemon

Urgh we're already hearing the tedious spiels about "don't talk about their scoring rates, when they were doing well it was on the back of scoring this slowly as well". It's just not true.

Cook and Trott scored at normal Test batting pace between 2010-2012. Ugly =/= slow.

EDIT: Though tbf, the people complaining about the slow batting on this pitch are even more tedious.
Rant on mixlr please

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just text my mate who has been falling out of love with cricket of late to ask him if this partnership has pulled him back in.

Since Freddie retired, a Cook/Trott borefest is literally the best thing in all of sports

Uppercut

Yeah but teams have tailored much better bowling strategies to both of them since then, so if they played the same game their natural rate of scoring would be a bit slower.

FWIW I think they should both play conservatively. It's what they do best. In 2010-12 the lower order and tail almost always picked up the scoring rate later against an exhausted attack anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but teams have tailored much better bowling strategies to both of them since then, so if they played the same game their natural rate of scoring would be a bit slower.

FWIW I think they should both play conservatively. It's what they do best. In 2010-12 the lower order and tail almost always picked up the scoring rate later against an exhausted attack anyway.
I agree, but people talk as if they made their names as deliberate stonewallers. They didn't.

OverratedSanity

Am I a bad person for wanting Cook to get out before his hundred? I feel bad myself but I just don't want him to get a century. Can't even explain it... I'm a complete **** so that's probably why.