• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What unique ways do you practice your cricket.

AusCricketFan

Cricket Spectator
Hey everyone,

This is the first time I have ever posted in this forum. So to get the ball rolling I though I might just ask a simple question.
How do you practice your cricket. The reason I ask this is after reading a great book called "First Tests" it's about some of Australia's greatest cricketers and how they trained when they were kids.

What I do for practice when I can't go to the nearest cricket nets. I work on my batting by myself. However I use a stick that I find lying on the ground and a couple of "dead" squash balls and work on my technique. I recently posted an example of it on Youtube for my cricket coach to watch.

Link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUK1HTCvr18

If you ended up watching the video. Thank you and apologies for the quality. I was resting the camera on a shoe.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Not really unique but practising in front of a mirror does wonders. Just ten minutes a day is enough.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I used to practice against underarm spin to prepare for pitche with square turn and unpredictable bounce. Worked a charm because it conditioned me to stay low in my stance.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I remember I used to practice batting by placing a ball inside a sock and hanging it in the ceiling with a rope

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember I used to practice batting by placing a ball inside a sock and hanging it in the ceiling with a rope
Used to do this a lot. Love practicing leg glances then turning around and flicking it again and again until I got dizzy or the rope brushed my head/shoulder and ****ed it up. Got to 40 once iirc