• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

why is robin petersen and lonwabo tsotsobe not at the cricket world cup ??

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
it is required that half of the squad that is selected to go to the world cup for south africa be players of colour. so why is lonwabo tsotsobe and robin petersen not in the world cup squad. robin 's injury has healed and he is definitely available now.

why when players of colour are available that clearly deserves to be there are they not chosen that makes me question if the cricket establishment in south africa only chooses players of color for political reason s .what about justin ontong for the captaincy ??

where is herschel gibbs - makhaya ntini - mfuneko ngam ?? are they being chosen as selectors for south africa.

why not ?

who is the current selectors of south africa are they people who has played the game at the highest level ??

it makes a mockery of everything nelson mandela stood for.

and who decided to change the format of our domestic system from 50 to 45 overs to 40 overs for list a matches ? we are still paying for that now because most batsman dont know how to put an innings together in 50 overs. we have only been playing 50 over matches for the last 4 seasons.

Last edited:

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
robin peterson and lonwabo tsobetsobe was by far the best bowlers in the domestic season this year in 50 over cricket

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
...because all the bowlers who are better than them weren't playing. Because they're in the World Cup squad.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, used to be. Very much past tense with the way he's bowled over the last 2-3 years :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I would have gone with "because they're ****ing ****" myself. But yes, Dan's understated approach did the job nicely.

Edit: Some reference to South Africa choking would have been nice also.

Marius

International Debutant
Tsotsobe's injured and hasn't played any cricket since 7 December. Peterson is maybe a little unlucky but he wouldn't be playing ahead of Tahir now.

But don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

Marius

International Debutant
And List A cricket is 50 overs, not 40. I think you forgot to take your pills before posting, buddy.

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
List a cricket can be 40 to 60 overs. why was the 40 45 over matches we played in south Africa listed as list a matches ? if it wasn't accepted as list a then why was the format allowed in the first place. ?

How was tsotsobe injured ?? Never heard anything about that.

Tahir doesn't get good batsmen out usually struggles to get top order batsmen out. Australia is the most difficult place for spinners to tour statistically speaking. we lost 4-1 to australia in november last year when robin petersen I believe was chosen for the fourth match when we had to win the match to stay in the series.

why was that ?? why wasnt tahir chosen then ?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-south-africa-2014-15/engine/match/754729.html

on tsotsobe's form yes i agree but his first class record in the momentum cup was awesome. sorry didnt know about the injury.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/momen...t_wickets_career.html?id=9171;type=tournament

he had the best average and strike rate of the bowlers who took the most wickets.

what about the selectors ? where can i find out who they are ??

Last edited:

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
...because all the bowlers who are better than them weren't playing. Because they're in the World Cup squad.
were they playing at the world cup last year as well ? there was only a few matches that was played after the world cup squad was announced.

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
And List A cricket is 50 overs, not 40. I think you forgot to take your pills before posting, buddy.
i could be wrong but i read list a cricket was 40 - 60 overs . in england they played 60 overs for years .............and years..................and years.............years...................years..................

i guess non of those list a ......sorry first class matches counted as list a

disprins are ok if you are having trouble keeping up

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
I would have gone with "because they're ****ing ****" myself. But yes, Dan's understated approach did the job nicely.

oh they will choke when there is no one to absorb the pressure and everyone looks to someone else to take responsibility. robin is good under pressure so is steyn. as for the captain: we will win the world cup :We are going to win the World Cup: AB de Villiers - Times LIVE. so why did you lose 4-1 to australia ??

still sorting out combinations four months prior to the world cup? when the rest of the world already knows who their sides and is playing with those sides.

what a f.....g joke.

that is the type of positive mentality that will get us into trouble after losing 4-1 to australia.

like they did against india in this world cup

Last edited:

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
are there any other facts you gentleman would like to bring under my attention.??

rant finished

Spark

Global Moderator

see this is why your posts lose traction. tries to squash too many disparate points into one post, loses coherence.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
were they playing at the world cup last year as well ? there was only a few matches that was played after the world cup squad was announced.
I suspect that they were representing South Africa last year, yes. Good bowlers tend to play for their countries, and play very few domestic matches.

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good does not equal best. I suspect they usually choose the best ones.

Last edited:

Rasimione

U19 Captain
OP what are you on about? Tsotsobe is injured and Tahir has performed better than Peterson in limited overs cricket. Simple as that.