Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: why is robin petersen and lonwabo tsotsobe not at the cricket world cup ??

School Boy/Girl Captain

why is robin petersen and lonwabo tsotsobe not at the cricket world cup ??

it is required that half of the squad that is selected to go to the world cup for south africa be players of colour. so why is lonwabo tsotsobe and robin petersen not in the world cup squad. robin 's injury has healed and he is definitely available now.

why when players of colour are available that clearly deserves to be there are they not chosen that makes me question if the cricket establishment in south africa only chooses players of color for political reason s .what about justin ontong for the captaincy ??

where is herschel gibbs - makhaya ntini - mfuneko ngam ?? are they being chosen as selectors for south africa.

why not ?

who is the current selectors of south africa are they people who has played the game at the highest level ??

it makes a mockery of everything nelson mandela stood for.

and who decided to change the format of our domestic system from 50 to 45 overs to 40 overs for list a matches ? we are still paying for that now because most batsman dont know how to put an innings together in 50 overs. we have only been playing 50 over matches for the last 4 seasons.
    Last edited by Oduodu; 06-03-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Dan
    Because they're not very good.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

School Boy/Girl Captain
    robin peterson and lonwabo tsobetsobe was by far the best bowlers in the domestic season this year in 50 over cricket

Dan
    ...because all the bowlers who are better than them weren't playing. Because they're in the World Cup squad.

Tsotsobe used to be gun tbf. Was ranked numero uno a couple of years ago.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

Dan
    Yeah, used to be. Very much past tense with the way he's bowled over the last 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Because they're not very good.
    dan is getting the art of the snappy, substantively complete one-liner down to a, well, art
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I would have gone with "because they're ****ing ****" myself. But yes, Dan's understated approach did the job nicely.

Edit: Some reference to South Africa choking would have been nice also.

Tsotsobe's injured and hasn't played any cricket since 7 December. Peterson is maybe a little unlucky but he wouldn't be playing ahead of Tahir now.

But don't let facts get in the way of a rant.

And List A cricket is 50 overs, not 40. I think you forgot to take your pills before posting, buddy.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    List a cricket can be 40 to 60 overs. why was the 40 45 over matches we played in south Africa listed as list a matches ? if it wasn't accepted as list a then why was the format allowed in the first place. ?

How was tsotsobe injured ?? Never heard anything about that.

Tahir doesn't get good batsmen out usually struggles to get top order batsmen out. Australia is the most difficult place for spinners to tour statistically speaking. we lost 4-1 to australia in november last year when robin petersen I believe was chosen for the fourth match when we had to win the match to stay in the series.

why was that ?? why wasnt tahir chosen then ?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...ch/754729.html

on tsotsobe's form yes i agree but his first class record in the momentum cup was awesome. sorry didnt know about the injury.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/moment...ype=tournament

he had the best average and strike rate of the bowlers who took the most wickets.

what about the selectors ? where can i find out who they are ??
    Last edited by Oduodu; 06-03-2015 at 11:30 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    ...because all the bowlers who are better than them weren't playing. Because they're in the World Cup squad.
    were they playing at the world cup last year as well ? there was only a few matches that was played after the world cup squad was announced.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    And List A cricket is 50 overs, not 40. I think you forgot to take your pills before posting, buddy.
    i could be wrong but i read list a cricket was 40 - 60 overs . in england they played 60 overs for years .............and years..................and years.............years...................years... ...............

i guess non of those list a ......sorry first class matches counted as list a

disprins are ok if you are having trouble keeping up

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I would have gone with "because they're ****ing ****" myself. But yes, Dan's understated approach did the job nicely.

Edit: Some reference to South Africa choking would have been nice also.
    oh they will choke when there is no one to absorb the pressure and everyone looks to someone else to take responsibility. robin is good under pressure so is steyn. as for the captain: we will win the world cup :We are going to win the World Cup: AB de Villiers - Times LIVE. so why did you lose 4-1 to australia ??

still sorting out combinations four months prior to the world cup? when the rest of the world already knows who their sides and is playing with those sides.

what a f.....g joke.

that is the type of positive mentality that will get us into trouble after losing 4-1 to australia.

like they did against india in this world cup
    Last edited by Oduodu; 06-03-2015 at 11:25 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    are there any other facts you gentleman would like to bring under my attention.??

rant finished

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information