• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

why is robin petersen and lonwabo tsotsobe not at the cricket world cup ??

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
on the make up of the sauad firdoose moondas hs the following to say:

South Africa needed him more with the bat than the ball which encapsulates the actual issue of their team: the make-up of their team, not the mindset. They are without a regular genuine all-rounder and are constantly compromising on an element of their game. Their gambles have often paid off before and they almost paid off again when they limited Pakistan to a chaseable total, albeit it with a makeshift fifth bowler.

South Africa feel de Villiers' negative vibe | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
i know no one is perfect. everyone makes mistakes. no one person has all the answers. i feel for sa. but

statistically speaking the more you share that load as selectors with people around you the more you have people that understands the game at the highest level the more you talk and discuss with like 10 instaed of four the more likely you are to have better answers when problems arise. there is no replacement for experieince .

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
That should've been your first clue to stop reading.
sir

i dont know where else to ask: who is considered on these forums as a writer or columnist that in general has the most valuable opinion ?? i am not trying to be sarcastic . i am genuinely serious. who is regarded at the moment to be the best cricketing mind in forums or columns ??

i always wondered if steve waugh had a column somewhere. love his thinking and style of play and he always when he critisized positively was able to say how he would have gone rectifying the situation. i dont know where else to look.

any suggestions ??

Last edited:

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
ah

Confidence will be low after this | SACricket mag

from this herscelle gibbs says:

Again, for me, JP Duminy showed a lack of temperament. It’s not a case of inexperience. He turns 31 next month, has played 137 ODIs and has scored four hundreds. Three have come against the West Indies and one against the Netherlands, but against a higher level of opposition he is not making the grade.

His dismissal in Auckland came as a result of a poor shot at a crucial time of the game – just like happened in the chase against India. It doesn’t make JP a bad batsman, but it’s a result of the pressure and the way the mind reacts to being put under pressure.

and also:

David Miller is another who, like Duminy, hasn’t set the world alight. In 61 ODI innings he’s scored two hundreds – against the West Indies, who can’t exactly be described as a quality side. Miller has an average of 75 from five knocks at this World Cup, but it’s boosted by two not outs, against Zimbabwe and Ireland. In the other three games he’s scored 22 against India, 20 against West Indies and a duck from 13 balls against Pakistan. Also, he chose to review an lbw decision in which the ball would have flattened all three sticks, and therefore also used up a possible South African review later in the innings.

this from a player of color who has represented sa at the highest level.

it seems that both jp and miller make their runs against weak bowling attacks as pointed out by herschelle gibbs.

also gibbs says:

I can’t understand how batsmen who have shown they can knock up 400 runs batting first, can’t make 200 batting second. It’s unfathomable and the only logical reason is that the pressure gets to them.

couldnt agree more

so who makes runs while chasing under pressure against the best bowlers in the world of sa squad ??

Last edited: