• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1) Introduction to d-Wizz 2) WC scorebooks

d-Wizz

Cricket Spectator
First, I should introduce myself as a "cricket nut", who has never played the game in any organised manner, such as in a club. I did play at school, and my stats are HS 1*, avg 1.00 (go figure the rest!). I only played because my school team only had 10 players, so I came in at #11.

My main interest is in the numbers. I love numbers, and cricket has lots of them. In the high school team I referenced above, I was unofficial scorer, and I do remember compiling seasons stats etc, but these are long lost and my only memories of this season (1989) is one game in which our opposition scored 178/1 from their 20 overs and we were all out 51.

I recently found a stack of notepapers containing ball-by-ball descriptions of almost every match of the 1990-91 World Series Cup tournament, which I wrote down while watching the games on TV.

About 5 years ago, I got into cricket scoring for the grade clubs here in Brisbane. I found this enjoyable, but I detect there is a certain clique amongst the other grade scorers which I so far have not been able to fully enter. I was scoring last year, but I have not done any scoring in 2014/15.

-------------------------------------------------

OK, so the preamble is done, now to the main stuff.

I'm looking for detailed information on World Cup matches from 1975 to 1996 inclusive. How detailed? Ball-by-ball stuff. Some of the requests I have here could be impossible, but no ask, no get.

(big breath) is there anybody out there with any of the following...
- unedited video or audio (including radio commentary) of any WC match held before the 1996 Final?
- access to, or knowledge of anybody with access to, any of the original scorebooks for any of these matches?

- second best would be highlights. Sometimes, these highlights contain interim scorecards, and other "real-time" data which could be useful.

The ultimate aim of this exercise is to create ball-by-ball running sheets for every World Cup match. Cricinfo has the raw data for the 1996 Final and all WC matches afterwards. I have a full match video of the 1992 Final, so I don't need these games.

Ball-by-ball data will open up a Pandora's box of statistical analysis for nuts like me to pore over ad nauseum... can anybody help?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'll enjoy the stats focus of the savants mate. Welcome and enjoy your time here.