• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old time cricket draft with a twist

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
FINAL TEAM

01. Eric Rowan
02. Allan Rae
03. George Headley
04. Dudley Nourse
05. Frank Worrell* (6)
06. Jimmy Sinclair (2)
07. Denis Atkinson (5)
08. Percy Sherwell+
09. Bert Vogler (3)
10. Reggie Scharz (4)
11. George Francis (1)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Red Hill XI

Stewie Dempster
Bruce Mitchell
Pankaj Roy
Martin Donnelly
Bam Bam Weekes
Billy Zulch
Russell Endean+
Cyril Vincent
Hugh Tayfield
Chud Langton
Herman Griffiths

Thanks for running this Jimmy.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fred's Fertangs are

1.George Challenor
2.Mushtaq Ali
3.Everton Weekes
4.Aubrey Faulkner*
5.Andy Ganteaume
6.Buck Llewellyn
7.Jock Cameron+
8.Athol Rowan
9.Mohammad Nissar
10.Manny Martindale
11.Hines Johnson

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
John Watkins (SA) my final choice

Final Team

1 Imitaz Ahmed +
2 Jeff Stollmeyer
3 Jackie McGlew
4 Nawab of Pataudi snr
5 CK Nayudu
6 Dattu Phadkar
7 Learie Constantine (c)
8 John Watkins
9 Leslie Hylton
10 Khan Mohammad
11 Subhash Gupte

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Will start the voting thread once I have everyone's teams. Thanks for participating everyone :D

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just one last thing. If everyone, unless you already have done so, could please let me know who your opening bowlers and captain are that would be great. I'm going to create some little icons that will illustrate this once I post the poll to make reading a little easier.

For example: my captain is Learie Constantine & my opening bowlers are Constantine & Khan

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
The bowling order of my team is indicated with the numbers at the end of the names. Frank Worrell will captain the side.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Final XI

1. Hanif Mohammad [c]
2. Alan Melville
3. Russell Endean
4. Polly Umrigar
5. Bob Catterall
6. John Waite [+]
7. Gerry Gomez [3]
8. SJ Snooke [5]
9. Zulfiqar Ahmed [4]
10. Fazal Mahmood [1]
11. Jack Cowie [2]

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks guys, just waiting on GirtBySea's final selection & Red Hill to announce who his opening bowlers & captain are & we'll be ready to put this little beast out to pasture.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, just realised that Red Hill has posted Rusell Endean in his final team. Unfortunately, Endean was already picked by Andy. Instead, Doodles Tapscott was chosen.

As far as I know Tapscott wasn't a wicket-keeper, so you'll need to identify a new 'keeper for your team.

Red

Oops. Doodles Tapscott is captain and keeper.

Langton and Griffiths to take the new balls before Tayfield takes over.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Gus Kempis is my final selection. He and Alfred Hall will be my opening bowlers. Sonny Ramadhin will be my captain.
My XI:
1. Pieter van der Bijl
2. Vic Stollmeyer
3. Rusi Modi
4. Clarence Passailaigue
5. Billy Wade (+)
6. John Reid
7. Vinoo Mankad
8. Nazir Ali
9. Sonny Ramadhin (c)
10. Gus Kempis
11. Alfred Hall
Thanks for organizing jimmy and it was fun playing.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks y'all. Before I get the vote underway I'll just show you a composite team made from Pratters' intial choices with some leftover players. Please share your thoughts on the team & let me know if you feel there could be some changes made.

1 Vijay Merchant
2 Madhav Apte
3 Vijay Hazare c
4 Gordon White
5 Walter Hadlee
6 John Goddard
7 Abdul Kardar
8 Gerry Alexander +
9 Gaulam Ahmed
10 Amar Singh
11 Prior Jones

Notable omissions: Lindsay Weir, 'Tufty' Mann, Cuan McCarthy, Xen Balaskas, Hemu Adhikari, Clifford Roach, 'Prof' Edwards, Michael Melle, Eric Dalton, 'Bonnor' Middleton, 'Buster' Nupen, 'Sandy' Bell, 'Giff' Vivian

Red

Toward the end of this draft I really had NFI who the players I was selecting or who were being selected were.

Which was cool.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Toward the end of this draft I really had NFI who the players I was selecting or who were being selected were.

Which was cool.
Indeed. I've learnt of at least 10 cricketers whom I'd never heard of before. Basically the reason why I made the selection criteria so limited.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
Alexander does not qualify in this criteria jimmy. Otherwise I will not say anything else on that lineup. When do we go to the votes?