• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentators that have surprised you

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shoab. Never expected him to be so good with his analysis almost comes across as a cricket nerd. His analytical depth is visibly seen when he is discussing about pace bowling infact his knowledge about fast bowling puts the two W's too shame who are both horrible commies.Also speak well on leadership though the personal attacks on Misbah are not on maybe Pakistan missed a trick back in mid 2000's and he should have been appointed as Inzi's deputy instead of Younis may have been more motivated to stay on the park.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Shoab. Never expected him to be so good with his analysis almost comes across as a cricket nerd. His analytical depth is visibly seen when he is discussing about pace bowling infact his knowledge about fast bowling puts the two W's too shame who are both horrible commies.Also speak well on leadership though the personal attacks on Misbah are not on maybe Pakistan missed a trick back in mid 2000's and he should have been appointed as Inzi's deputy instead of Younis may have been more motivated to stay on the park.
I hope his fellow commentators prod him into repeating his rant on Afridi. That was sheer gold. Makes one wonder how they played together for so long.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Russel Arnold once drove his car out of a side road and cut me up. Boy was I surprised.

But then I noticed it was lovely Russel Arnold and I was angry no more.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Danny Morrison. I was massively surprised he was able to show his face in New Zealand after his exceptional Campest Haka of All Time.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Never realised Wasim and Waqar were both for the revolution. Put them straight into my ATG XI!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Akhtar's commentary is just like his career. Very good one day, being **** another day when discussing Misbah. Such temperamental people should get roles in Rajni movies and that's about it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some one pointed out how Russell Arnold has been really good a few weeks back. Have switched commentary on when Arnold has come a few times and he is nice to listen to. That day, after AB played his super knock v WI, Arnold interviewed him immediately and it was so good. Non intrusive, calm and handled that little section well. Don't remember the questions, but they were apt, which is so difficult and people can get carried away on such occasions.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't know why people keep smashing Ramiz Raja. He is one of the best Pakistani commentators I have come across. Talks cricket and makes points.

I have really been warming up to Allan Wilkins. I never used to like him when he came along few years back. Talked too reverentially about many of the Indian players back then. He is so good at his job. Lets the action go on, talks little and makes the play look more pleasing to the viewer. He is every thing Nicholas aspires to be, tbh. Many people don't know, but he was a left arm county bowler in England, so has played a certain level of cricket too.

cnerd123

likes this
Ramiz is an idiot. All he tries to do is state the bleeding obvious, and often ****s it up.

I actually used to really like him and Shastri as a kid; they both have gotten less insightful and more annoying with time.

Ganguly is a pleasant surprise; and I'd say Dravid but I always kinda expected him to be really good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Give me Dravid, Ganguly, Hussain, Atherton, Lara and I will never press mute. Have listened to The Prince a few times and even though it is news channels right now, he is splendid.

Kirkut

International Regular
Akhtar is awesome. Very lively commentator, one of the reasons why I listen to Hindi commentary of world cup games more. And he's very honest with his analysis.

Kirkut

International Regular
Akash Chopra is quite good too. Writes very good cricinfo articles and is a very good analyser of the game as well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hope his fellow commentators prod him into repeating his rant on Afridi. That was sheer gold. Makes one wonder how they played together for so long.

Can you summarize it here for us?

EDIT: Just saw the exchange between Pratters and GI Hoe.. Rajini > All...

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Scott Styris - I didn't think he'd be so good. (Up there with the Pom and West Indies commentators who are the benchmark)