• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** U-19 World Cup 2004

Craig

World Traveller
masterblaster said:
Finally the carnage is over....

Shikhar Dhawan and Suresh Raina take a bow boys, take a bow.
Shikhar Dhawan brings up his 150 with a massive cover drive which goes all the way for six!

And India U-19 finish up with a MASSIVE 3/426, which arguably has to be one of the best scores ever in any form of OD Cricket.

India's Unbeliveable Scorecard:

AR Utthapa 97 off 78 balls
S Dhawan 156 not out off 138 balls
AT Rayadu 53 off 51 balls
S Raina 90 off 38 balls
Gaurav Dhiman 5 off 3 balls.

UNBELIEVABLE STUFF.
Eep.

I'm shocked Uganda are there. Didnt even know cricket is even played there, and I would know if there is cricket is played in a country.

If Ireland do ok, I hope the game takes off over there.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
I'm shocked Uganda are there. Didnt even know cricket is even played there, and I would know if there is cricket is played in a country.
Uganda had a wonderful ICC Trophy in 2001.

Don't remember the details too clearly, but I think it involved fast bowlers and a century from well down the order.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
More importantly, the West Indies only just beat Ireland by 6 runs.

The Windies probably thought they had knocked up a decent total of 265, but it almost proved to be not enough as Ireland only just failed to pull off a huge upset.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I wouldn't read much into India's win over Scotland.

A tougher test will come on Wednesday against the Kiwis.
India have never lost to NZ in an u-19 World Cup, beating them by 44 runs in the 1988 cup in Australia and 28 runs at the u-19 cup in Sri Lanka in 2000.

I'm sure Rayudu and his men would want to keep that record intact.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Uh-oh, you other countries have got trouble now...

England have called up Ben Harmison, Steve's little brother.

Craig

World Traveller
Christ to coe in here and say he is potentially the world's next cricketing great in 5....4....3

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Minor typo there, Craig...

Four thrashings on Day 3:

England v Uganda
Bangladesh v Scotland
Sri Lanka v Canada
Pakistan v Ireland

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
More importantly, the West Indies only just beat Ireland by 6 runs.

The Windies probably thought they had knocked up a decent total of 265, but it almost proved to be not enough as Ireland only just failed to pull off a huge upset.
Xavier Marshall in superb form though. 80odd (83?) in that game and 4 fifty+ in his last 5 games.

biased indian

International Coach
india might be happy with their score in the game aganist NZ at

120-6

if u look other scores

Aus 73 all out VS Zim

S A 62-7 VS Nepal

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, NZ have produced the goods today.

India all out for 215, NZ are in with a real chance now.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol it's true

Australia all out for 73
Zimbabwe 74/3

And get this....Australia were 50/0, and they also had Zimbabwe 3/2 at one stage.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Tim said:
lol it's true

Australia all out for 73
Zimbabwe 74/3

And get this....Australia were 50/0, and they also had Zimbabwe 3/2 at one stage.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim, where did u see that scorecrad ? Was it on cricinfo ?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Meanwhile NZ have made a solid start 26/1 off 10 overs....Watling is really struggling though.

I think NZ are looking to play off the new ball & then pick the run rate up soon.