• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** U-19 World Cup 2004

Langeveldt

Soutie
SA appear to be doing nicely :)

Amazed to see Keagan Africa in there! I remember him bowling at me when we played Kearnsey College, Durban..... Nippy :wow: :wow:

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Except with overseas players and EU passports and the like, it is nowhere near 200 English people.

And your 297 assumes that each team select the same 11 every game, which clearly doesn't happen.
its nice to here that indian teams will always change there 11
while the english won't change there 11 in the whole length of the season

and even if its 150 and 300 we arenot giving enough people chance

can some one provide the latest scores in u 19 games

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't find the scores anywhere....I see though that Cricinfo will be showing live coverage of some of the matches from the National Stadium in Dhaka.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
I thought this game would of been at the nationals tadium seeing that it is the opeing game of the tournament and it involves the host, I really want to know if Sean is playing and if he is how he is going.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah im quite surprised the opening game isn't live on Cricinfo.
I recall that for the last World Cup in NZ, they had every game live on Cricinfo.

Mingster

State Regular
Enough of this Eat-Horne.

Sam McKay and Carl Fraunestin, both from my school, have been the standouts in Auckland U19 cricket for 3 years now.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
New Zealand and Sri Lanka had tough two wicket wins over Bangladesh and Zimbabwe respectively.
Pakistan thumped PNG and England cruised to an 8 wicket win over Nepal.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I find it just a tad amusing that the only games that Cricinfo are covering this week at the u-19 WC are those involving India.

Anyway India play Scotland today and New Zealand on Wednesday.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well NZ just managed to scrape past Bangladesh, but it would have been a tough atmosphere to play in for them.
None of those NZ players would have ever experienced a sub-continent crowd before, let alone 1,000 people at a State Shield match so to pull off a tight win will lift their spirits.

I can't see them beating India though, they'll really have to be on form for that match.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Te Ahu Davis is very very quick & is related to Heath Davis. I'll be interested to see how he performs in this World Cup.

masterblaster

International Captain
India Destroys Scotland

This is unreal, totally unreal. The Indian U-19 batsmen have crushed, killed and destroyed Scotland's bowling attack. With young left handed batsman Suresh Raina making an unbelivable 90 off just 38 balls.

Also another left handed batsman Shikhar Dhawan made a fantastic century, Raina and Dhawan's partership was 131 off just 10.2 overs! With the run rate of the partnership being 12.68.

India U-19 currently are 3/401 in their 49th over........

Unbelivable batting,

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Finally the carnage is over....

Shikhar Dhawan and Suresh Raina take a bow boys, take a bow.
Shikhar Dhawan brings up his 150 with a massive cover drive which goes all the way for six!

And India U-19 finish up with a MASSIVE 3/426, which arguably has to be one of the best scores ever in any form of OD Cricket.

India's Unbeliveable Scorecard:

AR Utthapa 97 off 78 balls
S Dhawan 156 not out off 138 balls
AT Rayadu 53 off 51 balls
S Raina 90 off 38 balls
Gaurav Dhiman 5 off 3 balls.

UNBELIEVABLE STUFF.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It was always going to be on the cards. Scotland did well to restrict India to 426 to be honest.

India need to keep that form up for the tougher matches ahead.