• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** U-19 World Cup 2004

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Windies in good form.

WI 334/5 (50 overs)
Assad Fudadin 107, Denesh Ramdin 73, Tishan Maraj 53, Lendl Simmons 39

Khulna XI 141/9 (50 overs)
Xavier Marshall 3/32, Barrington Yearwood 2/38

Some very talented batsmen in the side. Unsure about the bowling thouigh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
koch_cha said:
At more than one billion people i say india have less team for its population size we are only givng 300 people chance at a time to play first class cricket.where in england 200 people get the chance with a small amount of population.
Erm, it's nowhere near 200 in England, and it's many more than 300 in India.

koch_cha said:
India will surely perform better than england in the U 19
and they doing well in the 'A' match
Yes, but how many international / experienced players are there in the India 'A' side, and how many in the England 'A' side?

Look at it like that, and it's no shock that India are winning.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
How competitive was this Khulna team though?
I don't know, but my comments aren't really relevant to that one match, but rather what I have seen of the individual players. Xavier Marshall scored 3 fifties in 4 innings against Sri Lanka, Denesh Ramdin has scored buckets of runs in West Indies competition, Lendl Simmons has played a couple of brilliant innings at regional level, Assad Fudadin looked a very good player in this year's Carib Beer Cup and Tishan Maraj appears to have great temperament.

I have a friend who knows Maraj well, so I hope to get an interview with him for CW when he returns.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
New Zealand vs BKSP XI

New Zealand
179 all out
(Watling 48, McKay 28, Eathorne 25)

BSKP XI 182 for 4 in 25 overs
(Davis 2 for 26, Bolstead 1 for 9, McKay 1 for 18)

Jeez thats a hiding.
How good is this BSKP team?

chris.hinton

International Captain
England,Australia and India Under 19 all won against Bangladesh village teams...... but Scotland lost to CCDM Red :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/OTHERS/U19-WC2004/SCORECARDS/WARMUP/

Can you stop calling state, league and city sides "village" please?!

Chittagong Division B 132 (Stiff 3/22, Plunkett 2/16)
England 135/0 (Cook 69*)

Shahariar Nafis made 101 for CCDM Green vs India U19, Canada got annihilated by the Rajshahi Mayor's XI, 86* from MK Shrestha lead Nepal past Chittagong District A, Pakistan convincingly beat Jessore U19, Papua New Guinea lost by one wicket to the Khulna DSA XI despite only setting 129, the same total that Scotland collapsed to against CCDM Red.

Sri Lanka bowled out the Bogra DSA XI for 66, Kosala Kulasekara recording 6-3-5-4, and Zimbabwe unconvincingly beat a Rajshahi Division XI by four wickets.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2003-04/OTHERS/U19-WC2004/SCORECARDS/WARMUP/

Can you stop calling state, league and city sides "village" please?!

Chittagong Division B 132 (Stiff 3/22, Plunkett 2/16)
England 135/0 (Cook 69*)

Shahariar Nafis made 101 for CCDM Green vs India U19, Canada got annihilated by the Rajshahi Mayor's XI, 86* from MK Shrestha lead Nepal past Chittagong District A, Pakistan convincingly beat Jessore U19, Papua New Guinea lost by one wicket to the Khulna DSA XI despite only setting 129, the same total that Scotland collapsed to against CCDM Red.

Sri Lanka bowled out the Bogra DSA XI for 66, Kosala Kulasekara recording 6-3-5-4, and Zimbabwe unconvincingly beat a Rajshahi Division XI by four wickets.

Sorry Neil but i never heard of these teams

Salamuddin

International Debutant
marc71178 said:

Yes, but how many international / experienced players are there in the India 'A' side, and how many in the England 'A' side?

Look at it like that, and it's no shock that India are winning.
They're not that much more experienced internationally than England A, I believe.

England A contain two test players in Smith and JOnes whereas India A contain only one in Sairaj Bahutule.
India A probably contain 3-4 who've played a handful of 1 day games but it wouldn't be much more than that.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
And most people in Bangladesh won't have heard of Worcester.
I dont think so for a team that had Imran Khan, Botham, Kapil Dev, Glenn Mcgrath and Hick..... Worcester are well known

Langeveldt

Soutie
chris.hinton said:
I dont think so for a team that had Imran Khan, Botham, Kapil Dev, Glenn Mcgrath and Hick..... Worcester are well known
Hahahah!! I dont think half the population in Bangladesh would have even heard of cricket... let alone Worcestershire CCC

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamesryfler said:
They're not that much more experienced internationally than England A, I believe.
Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

I stand by my comment re experience - look at the age of that squad and then look at the age of some of the Indians.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think India A team was definately more stronger and experienced than Eng A.

I read that there has been tremendous support for this event in Bangladesh from all quarters. Tickets are said to have been sold out for even small games like Papua and New Guinea and some other unknown country in cricketing terms. This is amazing :O .

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guy to watch out for from the Aussie side, is Scotty Coyte.. Very good quick bowler, comes from Campbelltown...
He comes from a very good cricketing family, both his sisters still in their Mid teens have represented at a high level in Australia.. I also went to school with his cousin and he has always looked a very very good cricketer.....

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:

in england there is 18 counties that means 198 players

in india there is 27 teams means 297 players

check u r maths please

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Except with overseas players and EU passports and the like, it is nowhere near 200 English people.

And your 297 assumes that each team select the same 11 every game, which clearly doesn't happen.