• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** U-19 World Cup 2004

FRAZ

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Kapil Dev had come in my younger brother, Abhinav's school to promote the under-19 world cup for TV channel Set Max. Read about it here
They distributed a cap with the under 19 world cup logo on it and a Kapil Dev signature. Nice souvenier :)
Thats actually wonderfull thing to do . U19 and also A team cups should get coverage like this and advertisment like this . Nice going Kapil and nice going Indian cricket , Best of luck India for U19 cup ...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
jamesryfler said:
Why ? Because of the so called "professionalism" of English cricket ?
What is it, 28 First Class teams?

At 18, we have about 8 or 9 too many (at least)...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:

South Africa has doe the right thing to go the Australia way and reduce the number of first class teams.. frankly Australian domestic structure has only been the one 'first class' till now. South Africa I am sure can model that but I doubt selections will always be done in the right way in the domestic teams in South Africa.

Deja moo

International Captain
Now we're debating which domestic structure is better?????

So what if the pitches in england arent dead yet???I still dont see any great quickies for england.....:cool2:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
orangepitch said:
Now we're debating which domestic structure is better?????
No, we weren't, I was just questioning how good the quality of the Indian domestic Competition when you consider how many teams play.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India u-19 beat Australia u-19 in the first of three practice matches at Cuttack, Orissa.

Scores:

Australia 205 all out in 47 overs (Doropoulos 65, Crosthwaite 40)

India 4/206 in 33 overs (Dinesh Karthick 59, Sunny Singh 55)

Watch out for Dinesh Karthik -- Hear he is a very talented keeper/batsman -- if he has a good tournament, who knows -- he may even get a reserve spot in the national senior squad.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Second Match

Australia 257/9 (T Doropoulos 81, A Beadle 40; RP Singh 2/36) v India: 259/7 (A Rayudu 108, S Raina 63; A Beadle 3/23). India won by 3 wickets.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vishnureddy said:
Second Match

Australia 257/9 (T Doropoulos 81, A Beadle 40; RP Singh 2/36) v India: 259/7 (A Rayudu 108, S Raina 63; A Beadle 3/23). India won by 3 wickets.
I am missing the matches and the one day domestic tournament in calcutta due to exams :( I would have loved to go to all of them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
vishnureddy said:
Second Match

I am missing the matches and the one day domestic tournament in calcutta due to exams :( I would have loved to go to all of them.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India u-19 have wrapped up the 3 match series with Australia u-19 3-0 with a 25 run victory in the final game.

Scores:
India 4/307 -- S. Dhawan 127 M.Henriques 3-60.

Australia 282 all out A Rayudu 4-29

Good stuff from the Indian colts. They shouldn't get carried away with the result though.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
I didn't know Rayudu could bowl!

Is Pathan still (?) in the fourteen?
Rayudu bowls off breaks.

Neil, Pathan was never in the 14. In fact, he wasn't even in the 25 probables that were picked for the YWC preparatory camp in Bangalore.

He's graduated to senior level now -- so his u-19 days are over.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oops. Must have got this mixed up with that U19 Asia Challenge thingy where he ripped Bangladesh apart.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
The West Indies u-19 and Sri Lanka u-19 are currently locked 2-2 in a 5 match series in Sri lanka atm.

The Windies youth team could be the dark horses of this tournamnet -- particularaly with Rampaul coming to the side, I fancy they could surprise a lot of people.

FRAZ

International Captain
Pratyush said:
I know man . Anyways the time for India Pakistan series is quite wiered for Indo Pak students . March is the season of Exams . Sh!t

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
All the groups are around the same level IMO - don't pay much attention to the fact that Bdesh & Zim are Test Nations.

Zimbabwe's youth policy is too dominated by racism, and Bangladesh are weaker than Nepal at U19 level. Don't count out Ireland, either - they nailed the Qualifying competiton and one of their spinners ended with 19 wickets at 6 or something daft like that...

Don't forget that Tatenda Taibu was player of the tournament for his batting, keeping and bowling last time, so it's not that much of a guide to the future - what we're looking for are real standouts.

Hope it's a great tournament!
Tournament is not that bad a thing atleast india had two plyers come from it in the earlier editions yuvraj and kaif

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:

At more than one billion people i say india have less team for its population size we are only givng 300 people chance at a time to play first class cricket.where in england 200 people get the chance with a small amount of population.

By the by india is atleast a better side than england with all the dead pitches

India will surely perform better than england in the U 19
and they doing well in the 'A' match