• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB/MCC need to wake up fast to Limited Overs Cricket

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I cannot help thinking the sooner England are set packing from the World Cup the sooner English cricket can clear out all the deadwood in the corridors of power and get with the limited overs programme.
Yeah, it's almost like people said the exact same thing after the last world cup. And the one before that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think we can all agree that English cricket is dead. Don't need 4 threads stating the obvious.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's almost like people said the exact same thing after the last world cup. And the one before that.
Indeed, clear evidence of a trend. Just makes it more important that something drastic is done!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah I think you're taking the point the wrong way (or I am). For me, we all know what's needed, and there's always the talk of it, but it simply won't happen whatever happens in the WC. We'll make changes, but not the root and branch type, and we'll panic come Jan/Feb 2019 anyhow.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah I think you're taking the point the wrong way (or I am). For me, we all know what's needed, and there's always the talk of it, but it simply won't happen whatever happens in the WC. We'll make changes, but not the root and branch type, and we'll panic come Jan/Feb 2019 anyhow.
Yeah, exactly. Jono is just being deliberately obtuse, as usual.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
England played really good ODI cricket for significant chunks in between the last two world cups. I don't think they end world cups with the wrong mindset (if you think it should be a completely different team to the test one you're a moron ftr) they just can't maintain form and **** goes to pieces at the wrong time before panic sets in.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When in doubt assume its you.

nottsinexile

Cricket Spectator
Clearly we also need a complete overhaul of cricket coaching given some of the pathetic responses from people clearly stuck in the same time warp as most golfing institutions!

The point "International Coach" et al have all missed is that you are witnessing the birth of a new game which has no relevance to traditional cricket. Sponsorship and cash is already gravitating towards the entertainment of Limited Overs cricket and its improvisation.

International 50 overs cricket is a long form of 20:20 You do not play test rabbits like Ballance at 3 and expect to win a match when the best teams are going out to set a winning total in the first 10 overs! England still think a par score is 275/300 when everyone else is targeting 350/400 and picking a batting line up to make 2 innings of 25 overs. They also pick bowlers who can bowl variety not necessarily line length and pace.

I suggest therefore that rather than getting blocked on twitter for spouting rubbish to a former Test Captain who is up with the programme you take time out to watch baseball and then re-appraise your coaching CPD!

nottsinexile

Cricket Spectator
A 51 ball hundred by the Aussies and you guys think this is parody account?
Wake up and smell the coffee!
England are stuck in the dark ages with their limited overs cricket, the wrong squad, the wrong place, and the wrong time.
Come on Bangladesh send this team home and force the English hierarchy to fall on their swords!
Root and branch reform long overdue. Sponsors will demand it

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ok then oh font of all knowledge. Who are all these players in English cricket who are capable of scoring 100 in 50 balls then?

nottsinexile

Cricket Spectator
Colin Graves needs to lay down his "Yorkshire" blueprint for long term sustainable success for English Limited Overs Cricket.

Appoint an international class coach untainted by the English malaise

Here are the best English Limited overs players who should be backed fully to form the nucleus of a squad to be developed to play aggressive cricket from the top of the order.

James Taylor should be made Captain

Vince Ali Lyth Lumb Hales Taylor Wessels Buttler Morgan

Patel Willey Smith Lancs Rashid Tredwell Stokes Woakes

Rushworth Follitt Tyson Fletcher Flynn Broad